Scubapro G500 not serviceable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The original upgrade kit also included a new lever, and I'd plan on that too to get this working. The old lever had a tendency to not play well with the s-wing poppet.

So, that reg hasn't seen a service in over 10 years (poppet would have been replaced with service)... This tech does not know this regulator....

It's been in storage a long time. I've asked rsingler to give me a quote.

But I'm still concerned about those shims. Can you tell me where they are in this diagram?
Or do you have a better diagram?
IMG-1618.JPG

Part number 3. They can go on either end of the spring. And depending on IP, there might be a few.

Did your service include adding/upgrading to an adjustable seat carrier? This would make your mk20 a mk25...

Check your IP, they may not be needed.

oh boy that was an old one..

replaced the brass tipped piston (presumably with the composite),

the saddle might indicate they replaced the retainer (recall item), but the retainer wasn't in your parts returned...

Right again. Looking at my invoice, I see the saddle but no retainer, the DIN version should be upgraded as well. And they charged me for the saddle when the entire kit should have been free.
1680955945696.png

yes (or no)... the retainer modification replaced the retainer with one that had a shoulder to prevent someone from over stressing the retainer and possibly cracking the body. Some say it isn't necessary if they had to pay for it, but every one I have had was done for free by my LDS. I was not the original owner of any of them....

FWIW, I found this picture of the G500 balance chamber/adjuster assembly in my notes (1st version top, 2nd version below). They seem unbreakable to me, and I can't imagine ever needing a spare balance chamber.

I have the adjuster tool as well, and I think Lex may be right, your tech might not understand the somewhat forgotten design of this clever reg (no offense, I don't fully understand it either :)), and perhaps mistakenly assumed the balance chamber was broken. I admit the modern S600 regs are much easier to adjust, but the G500 ones have a seat saver...

I'd bet money that @rsingler can make it like new with standard kits.

Attachments

• G500 balance chambers.JPG
    G500 balance chambers.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 36
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom