Scubapro G500 not serviceable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, axxel57.

I took off the knob plug and it looked like some parts were missing.
IMG-1614.JPG

Thanks, axxel57.

I took off the knob plug and it looked like some parts were missing.View attachment 778090
I'm a little unfamiliar with the g500 specifically, but it seems similar to a few others I've worked on (I have and maintain the early generations of the G250HP and the S555/S600). Missing parts? I don't think so.. that is the end of the micro-adjust that the adjuster device connects to...

The only thing that looks "off" is this little piece of yellow material next to an o-ring and folded over the top of it. It looks like a very thin washer but I don't see anything like it it in the diagram. I'm not sure it isn't some kind of dried up sealant but it appears to go around the whole o-ring.

IMG-1623-1.jpg

That is dye that Scubapro uses to mark a -138 oring, if I recall the number correctly.
That poppet is a very old version, and while I have a few, the seat is hardened, and I would put it in only for someone wanting an original "vintage" reg. It wouldn't tune well at all.
You'll need a new $20 S-wing poppet on top of service kit and labor.
Those parts look to be in very good condition. Happy to help if you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom