Scubapro G250 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has there ever been a metal Scubapro balanced adjustable that was technically called a G250? A friend from Europe with a metal balanced adjustable called his reg a G250.

On a somewhat related note, we tried a few days ago to access the Scubapro Regulator Museum for confirmation and found that the site was unavailable. I just tried to access the site again and it seems to have been taken down. Does anyone know anything about this?

The original G250 was for all intents and purposes a plastic cased version of the Balanced Adjustable. They shared the same orifice, poppet, balance chamber, lever and spring and you could swap the adjustment knobs on them. The only major functional difference was the adjustable flow vane in the G250.

But, the Balanced Adjustable was never referred to as a G250 - or vice versa.

----

There is a thread on here about the museum. Short story is that Scubapro's legal department had some sort of issue with it and it's been pulled. Scubapro reportedly got copies of the pictures and may or may not re-open it.

The hope is that the owners of the site will repost it with a host in country that won't recognize Scubapro's request to suppress the site.

All the BA's I've seen have "BALANCED ADJUSTABLE" or "MARK X" etched into the faceplate.
As far as I know the G250 name is reserved for the composite case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom