scubapro everdry 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yup would echo all of the comments there, if you look after your gear and get your skills right then no worries, this is not the toughest suit on the market and I dont think its designed to be. It will however do what it says on the tin. Personally if I get a leak I tend have it at the wrists not the neck seal but I do prefer neoprene over latex for the comfort (for me anyway, this is always going to be down to personal preferences, like any gear there are pros and cons)
Size may be an issue, I have the biggest I could get here in NZ which is XXL. I am 196cm (about 6'4") and 110kgs (240lbs ish). To me the suit wouldnt accomodate someone much bigger in either dimension! The Climatec undergarment is pretty much redundant as I fill the suit well enough with it. Thank goodness for merino!
I am getting aftermarket knee and butt pads put on, more for clambering over boats and for the occassions when my balance lets me down on shore entries before anyone gives me a hard time about lack of bouyancy control :D I think these will prolong the life of an otherwise very well put together suit.
My partner has the same suit (she loves it)along with 2 of our regular dive buddies, they love it too! and because of the graphics and stitching we are collectively known as the "TRON" divers. :cool2:

Last edited:
Just about $1000, probably a bit less. Got one to complement my usual Diving Concepts trilam. Have only had the SP in the pool so far. Very comfortable but it does run small. I have an XL and I'm 5'10" and about 170. Don't have much room for any bulk in the undergarments!!! Here comes merino to save the day!!
If you have drysuit experience the neoprene roll over neck seal takes a bit of getting used to.

Just a quick question!!! I went from a DUI TLS to the Everdry 4. I went on the Niagara river last weekend for the first time in the Everdry suit. Something told me to roll the seals in but I didn't see that anywhere in the manual. I dove without rolling the seals and was sopping wet on both dives!! This is my first time with neoprene seals, and as I said, I remember reading way back when I got my latex seals on my DUI suit about the rolling thing....but since I actually read the scubapro manual, I didn't! So I guess
the obvious answer is to roll the neck...but what about the wrists?? I noticed some air bubbling out of the wrist when reaching out. I also think I felt a trickle of water down the sleeve?? Any advice would be appreciated!
I can't wait to try it again with the seals rolled...I have never had success with my drysuit being dry :)

Just a quick question!!! I went from a DUI TLS to the Everdry 4. I went on the Niagara river last weekend for the first time in the Everdry suit. Something told me to roll the seals in but I didn't see that anywhere in the manual. I dove without rolling the seals and was sopping wet on both dives!! This is my first time with neoprene seals, and as I said, I remember reading way back when I got my latex seals on my DUI suit about the rolling thing....but since I actually read the scubapro manual, I didn't! So I guess
the obvious answer is to roll the neck...but what about the wrists?? I noticed some air bubbling out of the wrist when reaching out. I also think I felt a trickle of water down the sleeve?? Any advice would be appreciated!
I can't wait to try it again with the seals rolled...I have never had success with my drysuit being dry :)

Definitely roll the neck seals inward. I bought the everdry 4 a couple of weeks ago and tried it last week; rolled in it didn't leak at all. Very comfortable suit. I don't think you need to roll the wrist seals; they're quite short so wouldn't lend to rolling. What was your body positioning like when reaching out? If vertical and with a lot of air in the suit then it might well bubble from the wrists.

On the Everdry the neck seal has the smooth layer of the neoprene on the outside surface. Therefore, when rolled over the smooth later is against the skin, forming the watertight seal. On the wrists the smooth layer is on the inside, so it is already against the skin. Rolling the wrist seals is actually counterproductive, as a rolled wrist seal has a layer of porous nylon against the skin.
Short answer: neck=roll, wrist=not rolled.

I just purchased the Everdry 4. It's my first drysuit, so I am no expert on this subject. I did 3 dives with it this past weekend in 65F waters. It was perfectly dry and quite warm. I used the hood that came with the package and I found no water coming in at the neck or wrist seals. To me it seems like one of the best bangs for the buck in a recreational drysuit.

I never really noticed the neck seal, but you are correct!! Dumb move on my part! I think the wrists were okay, I did notice a little air bubble, but maybe I had a little too much air in the suit!
I will try again with the neck rolled..can't wait to stay dry!

Thanks again!!

I have a Nova Scotia (semi-dry) with dryzip and smooth neoprene neck and wrist seals. They are so effective when folding in that the suit will squeeze me at depth if I don't let in a bit of water.

Try folding in the seals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom