Scubapro chrome plated brass regulators...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Angelo Farina,

Thank you for confirming the metric thread size of the 108/109/156 clamp screws as M3 x 0.5. Now where to source them in UK/Europe in brass with a small head size !?

The imperial screws in "4-40" thread , brass and with reduced head size are available from vintage double hose's website.
I know. Bought them from Brian, and so I discovered they do not work in my Italian 109s...
However I have also one US 109 and one US 156, and they work well in them.
I am still searching for the metric screws, I need at least two just now!

Also, there are two types of 108/109/156 cover clamps:

One type of cover clamp has both of the threaded screw holes in the bottom half and both the unthreaded holes on the top half.

The other type of cover clamp has two identical halves, with one screw hole threaded and the other screw hole unthreaded.

Does anyone here know if this is an Italian vs USA manufacturer difference or an earlier vs later difference?

I can see that the second type would have simplified manufacturing and reduced costs.
The ones with just one threaded hole I think are Italian only. My US-156 has both threaded holes in just one piece, the other has just larger holes. And the screws are Imperial, made of Inox, not brass, and with Torx head.
Instead a couple of my older 109 are metric, with just one threaded hole in each part.

Mine have hex screws instead of Phillips is that anyway of telling where produced?
I doubt they are hex. Look better, they should be Torx.
Torx is typical American thing. Here in Italy we have Brugola screws instead...
Which are similar to US hex, but with a different ratio between size and depth of the hex cavity.
But I have never seen them used in Scubapro regs.

Not sure what size screws I have but my 109 Phillips fits in my 156 with Hex screws. Wish I knew where they were made.

I doubt they are hex. Look better, they should be Torx.
Torx is typical American thing. Here in Italy we have Brugola screws instead...
Which are similar to US hex, but with a different ratio between size and depth of the hex cavity.
But I have never seen them used in Scubapro regs.
upload_2020-4-13_10-41-45.jpeg

Not sure what size screws I have but my 109 Phillips fits in my 156 with Hex screws. Wish I knew where they were made.

The newer Scubapro service kits come with hex screws in the bag, so I think they may be a replacement item, rather than original.

Is it an imperial size hex ? None of my metric hex spanners would fit ... I tried 2mm , 2.5mm and 3mm. Eventually I used a small torx spanner because I could get a tight friction fit.

Torx are imperial sizes, so if a Torx fit in the hex cavity, these are imperial screws, hence American made...
Here’s what I use fits perfectly... so you think American made?
upload_2020-4-13_11-26-27.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom