Scubapro buyers--Beware and be informed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am the owner of one of the biggest PADI resorts in Panama, and ScubaPro also commited fra

I am the owner of one of the biggest PADI resorts in Panama and scubapro also commited fraud against us for several thousand dollars and its been 5 months and they have failed to make it right. Be very carefull ordering from scubapro or their distributor johnson outdoors. Extremely poor organization, unfilled orders, fraudulent card charges, and lack of care or attempt to make it right. We will never promote or supply scubapro equipment again.

This thread is from 2015.

And as the OP, everyone will be pleased to know that Scubapro NEVER did anything, Period. No contact or communication whatsoever.

As mentioned many times, with a modicum of post dive care, regs can go many years without needing service.

Again, I know for whatever reason this is not a solution for some but if inclined, it's really not that hard. YMMV.
Agreed... I serviced my own regs for years. That was long before any "parts for life" warranties so there really wasn't much incentive before. I think Apeks service kits cost about $50 per stage, which is a little nuts considering there's not much there so that's $600 every two years just for parts.

I also agree that with a little care, a reg will chug along for years without a service. I dive primarily in clean, fresh water, so that's especially true. The one time I had an issue I had a first stage full of salt corrosion. The only possible explanation for it was "valet service" at a dive joint down south. I was diving DIN which was somewhat foreign to the gear monkeys I think. I suspect that the daily slop in to the rinse bucket did it in when they failed to cap the first stage properly.

Never put all your eggs in one basket. Novice divers should be wary of being overwhelmed by brand loyalty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom