Scubapro AIR 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The plug will pull out easily, sometimes using something like a razor blade to catch the edge helps, don’t take the cap off until you try adjusting it, be careful to not damage the knife edge of the orifice if you pull the poppet out.

What a beauty. Good find.

The plug will pull out easily, sometimes using something like a razor blade to catch the edge helps
Thank you. This worked perfectly.

adjust the spring tension with a 3/32” Allen wrench clockwise through the little hole where the black plastic plug was (with reg pressurized) until the leak stops.
It took just over 5 full turns to get the free flow to stop but by then the purge button barely released any air.

Yes, this combination has been sold, I think, only in '85 and '86 (maybe also in '84).
Very nice find!
Makes sense. The regulator and the hose that came with it both have 85 marked on them.

Thank you. This worked perfectly.

It took just over 5 full turns to get the free flow to stop but by then the purge button barely released any air.

Makes sense. The regulator and the hose that came with it both have 85 marked on them.
That seat is toast and she’ll need servicing. Send it to one of the experts on SB as this reg is tricky to work on and the irreplaceable diaphragm is easily damaged if you’re not careful.

need to get someone to make a run of the metal stickers for the dive/pre-dive switch......

Almost every one I have gotten has a crusty o-ring (okay, rectangular) in the switch that had fallen apart and causes leaks. Pulling it apart leaves to no sticker to seal that spot, and I think I'm leaking there....

@rsingler - thoughts?

need to get someone to make a run of the metal stickers for the dive/pre-dive switch......

Almost every one I have gotten has a crusty o-ring (okay, rectangular) in the switch that had fallen apart and causes leaks. Pulling it apart leaves to no sticker to seal that spot, and I think I'm leaking there....

@rsingler - thoughts?
I could use one as well.

@rsingler - thoughts?
Have you been able to disassemble the switch without breaking the components? I haven’t tried but the service manual suggests this is almost a certainty.

Back
Top Bottom