Scubapro AIR 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very patient application of small screwdrivers to manipulate the two interlocking pieces.... no guarantees...

Very patient application of small screwdrivers to manipulate the two interlocking pieces.... no guarantees...
Yah, it looks like a precision job. If you break it probably next to impossible to find replacement parts.

need to get someone to make a run of the metal stickers for the dive/pre-dive switch......

Almost every one I have gotten has a crusty o-ring (okay, rectangular) in the switch that had fallen apart and causes leaks. Pulling it apart leaves to no sticker to seal that spot, and I think I'm leaking there....

@rsingler - thoughts?

You will definitely have a leak with no sticker. If you don't have a sticker, any sticker/sealing tape cut to size should work as long as you get a good seal.

I was able to remove my sticker after heating it with a hair dryer on hot. Gently pinching the tabs together separated the switch without difficulty. After replacing the o ring I glued the old sticker back on with Aquaseal.

You will definitely have a leak with no sticker. If you don't have a sticker, any sticker/sealing tape cut to size should work as long as you get a good seal.

I was able to remove my sticker after heating it with a hair dryer on hot. Gently pinching the tabs together separated the switch without difficulty. After replacing the o ring I glued the old sticker back on with Aquaseal.
The sticker plays a role in sealing over and above the oring? That seems really weird. Perhaps the sticker compensates for a poorly seated or otherwise defective oring in some cases?

The sticker plays a role in sealing over and above the oring? That seems really weird. Perhaps the sticker compensates for a poorly seated or otherwise defective oring in some cases?

The sliding switch has 2 parts that are joined by 2 tabs from the inside part that lock into the outside part. There are no sealing surfaces where those 2 parts join and it will leak air or water through there. The sticker seals the outside slide surface of that joint.

The outside slide is sealed by the o ring against the case. That o ring doesn't prevent water or air from passing through the path of the tabs that join the 2 parts of the slide switch and there is no o ring on the inside part to seal it against the case.

The sliding switch has 2 parts that are joined by 2 tabs from the inside part that lock into the outside part. There are no sealing surfaces where those 2 parts join and it will leak air or water through there. The sticker seals the outside slide surface of that joint.

The outside slide is sealed by the o ring against the case. That o ring doesn't prevent water or air from passing through the path of the tabs that join the 2 parts of the slide switch and there is no o ring on the inside part to seal it against the case.
Ok, I just reviewed the schematic and I see what you mean. For some reason I was picturing the oring on the inside of the case (on the switch backplate) not outside of the case under the actual switch. Makes sense.

I've got 6 stickers left. I'll give away three.
IMG_20210213_122929.jpg

PM me.
Rob

Back
Top Bottom