Scubapro AIR 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishyhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This came with a MK10 I bought and I couldn't believe how nice it is. I've only seen pictures of these so it's a totally different experience holding on in my hands. I kind of want to get it serviced just to try it out to see what all the fuss is about :)

IMG_20210212_140855410.jpg

IMG_20210212_140903004.jpg

IMG_20210212_140915145.jpg

Nice. I use these on my pony bottles

I think the AIR1 is well worth diving, one of my favorites. Hope you get a chance to dive it and let us know how you like it.

Have you connected it to a tank to try, just to see how it breathes and if it leaks or not? Sometimes they are in good condition even after sitting for years, but of course service before diving.

@Kupu it freeflowed when I hooked it up unfortunately.
You can take the chrome cap on top of the reg off (with a pin spanner), unscrew the black cup (that mates to the spring) underneath chrome cap off, push the little black plastic plug out of the chrome cap, screw the underneath cup back on, put the chrome cap back on the reg, then adjust the spring tension with a 3/32” Allen wrench clockwise through the little hole where the black plastic plug was (with reg pressurized) until the leak stops. If the Allen key spins to the point that it loses tension (the black underneath cap has fallen off), you need a new poppet.

You can take the chrome cap on top of the reg off (with a pin spanner)

The little rubber nipple in the middle of the chrome cap is keeping my Scubapro tool from fully seating on the cap so it's popping off under tension, scratching the cap in the process. I'll need to try with a different tool so I don't mess it up any further.

Just pull that nipple out and put the Allen in the hole to tighten the spring

T
The little rubber nipple in the middle of the chrome cap is keeping my Scubapro tool from fully seating on the cap so it's popping off under tension, scratching the cap in the process. I'll need to try with a different tool so I don't mess it up any further.
These work well
upload_2021-2-12_21-41-30.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom