Scubapro 2nd stage advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would go with the G260. If cave diving, you can open it and clean out any debris under water with gloves on…if needed.

there seems to be a strong like of the g260 but that is a lot of cash. I'm so vested in g250's I can't justify a change. They are fine regulators.

If new is a requirement, for the cost, I'd consider a HOG or Deep6.....

And how is your post going to help to answer the OP's question or you just have to butt in with useless show off (in your head) information that has absolutely no relevance to the OP's call for help?
It’s not, think of it more along the line of having a friend over with small children, sometimes they just run through the room making a racket :wink:

The 560 is a fine choice, the plastic barrel will theoretically outlast the metal barrel if you neglect it, the 260 is near the top of solid in-line regulator choices but there is merit to Bob’s recommendation on HOG or Deep 6 second stages.

The S560 was designed for warm tropical waters by using polymer plastic to help reduce the build up of verdigris. The G260 was designed for tech divers so they can remove the diaphragm cover, that is one part, and remove anything obstructing the diaphragm, if need be.

first time I heard this explanation

It’s not, think of it more along the line of having a friend over with small children, sometimes they just run through the room making a racket :wink:

Or cockroaches or a mouse making everyone jump :)

In be a second vote for the 560.
Yes, I dive and love my G260.
That said, @lexvil is absolutely correct for warm water diving. Plastic, metal, meh. Scubapro's plastics are durable! Look at all the G250's out there. And you can tune it to breathe as lightly as the G260. You may need to tune your octo slightly stiffer so it doesn't freeflow on giant stride, side you don't have the adjustment knob. Any shop can help you here.

If $$ are at all a factor, you'll be very happy with the S560. Maybe not the bling factor of a G260, but performance is great. It's a VERY undervalued regulator compared to its successor S600, performance-wise.

Then again, for cave, not easy to open up in the water if you fill it full of sand squeezing through a slot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom