Scubapro 2nd stage advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1Cave Ghost

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought a Scubapro, MK17 1st stage.
Looking for a second stage, but not sure what to get in my price range.
The S560 is $325, while the G260 is $440. Is there a big difference in the two ?
I primarily cave dive in Fl, water temps rarely below 68 degrees.
Does one perform better or is more reliable than the other ? Any suggestions or opinions on other Scubapro 2nd stages ?
Thanks

I am not very familiar with S560 but the way I read their site it has a plastic barrel, It would be a no go for me. Although you mentioned you dive warm water metal does help to return some moisture back. I would go for a G260. From a modern ones I also like A700 as its full metal. But you can also look for an older Balanced Adjustable which is also all metal

The S560 was designed for warm tropical waters by using polymer plastic to help reduce the build up of verdigris. The G260 was designed for tech divers so they can remove the diaphragm cover, that is one part, and remove anything obstructing the diaphragm, if need be. You can do this with the S560, but there will be three components making it a bit of a challenge. The performance of the two second stages is negligible.

And these are owned by smart people with class

full.jpg

No need to look back, just in the reflection

full.jpg

See!

And these are owned by smart people with class

View attachment 677459

No need to look back, just in the reflection

View attachment 677460

See!

And how is your post going to help to answer the OP's question or you just have to butt in with useless show off (in your head) information that has absolutely no relevance to the OP's call for help?

Struth, that's an insane amount of money for a second stage. You could buy 4 Apeks ATX40's for that and they're great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom