Scubapro 2nd stage advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s pretty much an S600 so parts will be around a long long time.

But will be using a last year's model, soooo "yesterday" :p

If you plan to dive a lot (50+ dives a year) stay away from plastic. Yes they were still work but the tolerances of the plastic will eventually affect how your 2nd stage will perform in the water. I repaired regulators from 40 + years and the only thing I can say about plastic is it does not corrode. If you take care of your equipment and if you do most of your diving in freshwater (caves) then a metal barrel on a 2nd stage would be the best investment.

OP, you know you want the G260 set. Go sell some blood or organs and go get it. I say it often enough, when I grow up and get rich I hope to be able to afford Scubapro regulators. When I was but hardly a kid working in a Scubapro shop in the 70s (to borrow from Jimma Carter) I lusted after those beautiful Scubapro regulators and all I had was a stupid old USD Conshelf and a USD RAM and Mistral. Maybe someday yet. But to borrow from yet another president, us horse faced pony soldiers just have to make do with what we got.

James

The S560 is $325, while the G260 is $440. Is there a big difference in the two ?

The price difference is a little over $100, skip a couple of meals and buy the top second stage, G260, that will be more appropriate for any type of cave/technical diving you will do. You will NEVER regret it and you will never look back and say: "What if..."

Note: The G260 is switchable left/right which is useful if you go to sidemount.

You will NEVER regret it and you will never look back and say: "What if..."

Until the next great thig comes out....

Back
Top Bottom