Scubapro 156 and 108 first stage advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful BA! What poppet did it have? Mine came with the blue/metal stem with the non replaceable seat. Currently installed S poppet and very happy with the performance. I went with the durapoppet on my 109, but planned upgraded S poppet conversion soon. They are my go to regulators for all my recreational diving.
Just cleaned and assembled the beauty, obviously never used, what a luck!
But I managed to scratch the barrel when taking off the lever for pics, grrh!!:banghead:
The poppet is the predecessor of the S-Wing Poppet as we use it since years.

Attachments

• P1130302.JPG
    P1130302.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 50
  • P1130305.JPG
    P1130305.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 52
  • P1130308.JPG
    P1130308.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 47
  • P1130336.JPG
    P1130336.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 45
  • P1130340.JPG
    P1130340.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 63
Just cleaned and assembled the beauty, obviously never used, what a luck!
But I managed to scratch the barrel when taking off the lever for pics, grrh!!:banghead:
The poppet is the predecessor of the S-Wing Poppet as we use it since years.

What is the little black semi-circular part near the adjustment knob?

Let me know if you don't want that damaged regulator. I am not that particular... I can just use it as a octopus for one of my double hose...

:p

If you want to know why you have different weights between your 109 and your 150, just take off the exhaust tees and compare them on your scale, then you have your difference.
The older exhaust tees were from rubber, the newer from whatever plastic and lighter.
BTW, just received today another BA, and to my surprise it's a true 156, the one of the 1st generation, first one I found
Best is, it seems to have never touched water, just lousy stored.
Last pic is a true 156 of the last generation.
Nice find… are you going to open up your 156CE and take pictures? Mine seems to be built like the G260 including the lever sleeve.

Let me know if you don't want that damaged regulator. I am not that particular... I can just use it as a octopus for one of my double hose...

Seems to be a knob limiter, limits how far you can turn in the adjustment knob.

Nice find… are you going to open up your 156CE and take pictures? Mine seems to be built like the G260 including the lever sleeve.
The pic in my post in the beginning of this page is the dismantled 156.
If you like, I can send you the pics I have for the 156s of both generations.
Send a PM with your e-mail and I'll send you the folders via www.wetransfer.com
My actual 156 doesn't have the lever sleeve.

As Kevin mentioned, that part is a limiter to prevent too much 'closing' of the adjustment knob.
It had been used mostly in the early G250s (third or fourth generations).

The pic in my post in the beginning of this page is the dismantled 156.
If you like, I can send you the pics I have for the 156s of both generations.
Send a PM with your e-mail and I'll send you the folders via www.wetransfer.com
My actual 156 doesn't have the lever sleeve.
I didn’t see this one opened in your previous posts. The ones that I see you’ve opened is the ones with a smooth hose end barrel, I was wondering about the hose end barrel with a step In it. Maybe I’m missing something. :)

I didn’t see this one opened in your previous posts. The ones that I see you’ve opened is the ones with a smooth hose end barrel, I was wondering about the hose end barrel with a step In it. Maybe I’m missing something. :)

Don't know if you are something missing, maybe the fact that the '156' had two versions, the one I found now with the 'normal' matte barrel, and the 2nd generation, the last one, the one you also have.
I couldn't find any differences between the two models, apart from the lever sleeve and the cut out (step).
I don't know when the S-Wing Poppet came on the market, so I couldn't tell if the one in my 156 is original or not, that's something you could check.
Here some pics for comparison......

Attachments

• P1130305.JPG
    P1130305.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 43
  • P1130302.JPG
    P1130302.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 43
  • P1090371.JPG
    P1090371.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 42
  • P1090367.JPG
    P1090367.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 44
  • P1090366.JPG
    P1090366.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 45
  • P1130299.JPG
    P1130299.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 46
Don't know if you are something missing, maybe the fact that the '156' had two versions, the one I found now with the 'normal' matte barrel, and the 2nd generation, the last one, the one you also have.
I couldn't find any differences between the two models, apart from the lever sleeve and the cut out (step).
I don't know when the S-Wing Poppet came on the market, so I couldn't tell if the one in my 156 is original or not, that's something you could check.
Here some pics for comparison......
Explains it I only have the one drawing. Thanks
I have The first generation 156 drawing, I don’t have the second generation drawing with sleeve, and it shows it has an S wing with a single O-ring on the first generation drawing.

Explains it I only have the one drawing. Thanks
I have The first generation 156 drawing, I don’t have the second generation drawing with sleeve, and it shows it has an S wing with a single O-ring on the first generation drawing.
Yes, I also never found a schematic for a 156 of the last generation.....

Back
Top Bottom