Scubapro 156 and 108 first stage advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tr4lover

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just finished up my new 156 and 108. The 156 has the updated s poppet also. Looking forward to diving these soon.

I went ahead and bought a used mk17 I'm going to go through. Planning on using this as the 1st stage. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20220521_185650.jpg
    20220521_185650.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 70
Very nice! Only thought is once you service the MK17 tune the 108 at low tank pressure (300-500 psi) when the IP is highest since it’s an unbalanced second stage. The MK17 is “balanced” but the IP can still be around 10 psi higher at low pressure.

Very nice! Only thought is once you service the MK17 tune the 108 at low tank pressure (300-500 psi) when the IP is highest since it’s an unbalanced second stage. The MK17 is “balanced” but the IP can still be around 10 psi higher at

I do not believe this 108 can be tuned. Other than that micro nylon nut.
Yes, you set the cracking pressure via the nut. The 108HP also had a screw in orifice which made it easier. Or leave it alone and adjust the MK17 IP accordingly (at low tank pressure).

If your 108 doesn’t have an orifice, I think you have the rubber covers mixed up.

Yes, you set the cracking pressure via the nut. The 108HP also had a screw in orifice which made it easier. Or leave it alone and adjust the MK17 IP accordingly (at low tank pressure).

This unit has a fixed orifice unfortunately. Thanks for the knowledge. The case also uses the dual exhaust diaphragms. But I've been told a single works just fine. Breathing is much harder with both diaphragms installed.

If your 108 doesn’t have an orifice, I think you have the rubber covers mixed up.
It is very possible. I am having to replace the case ring screws I will definitely take a look again. I remember the covers where built different.

Back
Top Bottom