ScubaBro Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sevenrider860

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I had a training class in Manila cancel, so I am looking to stay here for three days before heading to Moalboal in early March. Does anybody who has stayed at ScubaBro have any comments or experiences with the resort they can share?

Thank you,
Brian

Hello Brian,

ScubaBro anilao is actually the old outrigger, the resort is decent and the management is now working on improving the menu. The special thing about scubabro is that it is the only tech facility in anilao. prices are pretty ok its 3000 per night but with fullboard meals and unlimited air tanks.

offcourse boat and nitrox charges are separate. In anilao it is somewhat customary to just try and join a group to split the boat and dive guide fees. If im not mistaken there is a big group of divers there right now so you might be able to jump on one of the boats.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. My girlfriend likes the resort because it has a pool and she is a non-diver! They dropped the cost per night 500 for non-divers.

I found that the mid-week boat and DM costs are all about the same. So I have resigned myself to paying the full cost and then hoping more divers join to help split the charges.

How is the shore diving from the resort? With unlimited tanks, I would like to take advantage of some additional time in the water with my camera.

Thank you again for the information.

Brian

Scubabro is run by George Ang Du Pay... who also runs Boardwalk in Subic. Whilst I've not had chance to visit Scubabro (yet), I can absolutely recommend George for his professionalism and expertise. I'm very confident he's running an excellent dive operation there.

The special thing about scubabro is that it is the only tech facility in anilao.

Incorrect.

Anilao Beach Club is an authorized ANDI facility and offers full tech services, including trimix and CCR support.

Scubabro has good diving facilites in terms of tanks, guides and compressors. The resort and rooms in general are little run down, the food was a problem but has been good since the new chef arrived a few weeks back.

The house reef is pretty poor in all honesty, although there is a some nice Macro opportunities near the two large rocks at the end of the resort (by the pool).

I think you'd struggle to find anyone to share a boat with during the week so budget for full costs and assume sharing is a bonus.

There are many technical dive resorts in Anilao, not just Scubabro.

We have been using scubabro for most courses since it re-opening in Feb last year, if you're looking a dive based trip with food and somewhere to stay I'd say it will suit you very well, for non-divers I don't know if it's great - but these not really any resorts in Anilao that would suit a non-diver and offer the same level of dive facilities.

Thank you all for the information. Unless my plans get changed again, I will be staying her for a few nights.
Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom