ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2018 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So many flights are coming in late in the day. Only if your flight arrives in time for the last dive shop briefing at this point. We haven't heard anything different from them. As it is, we have had to move the welcome party to Sunday night instead of our usual Saturday. :(

Hi Roxanne,
You wrote:
All scuba divers must attend an orientation. The orientation consists of a ‘dry’ part and a ‘wet’ part. The ‘dry’ part is a briefing on the Bonaire National Marine Park rules. The ‘wet’ part of the orientation is the check out dive. Repeating divers are also required to attend a dive orientation and perform a checkout dive every time they are back on the island. In addition, every scuba diver on Bonaire must purchase a Marine Park Tag (US$25) valid for one calendar year. At registration, all divers should bring with them their (1) dive certification card, (2) diving vouchers, (3) a credit card for a security deposit, and (4) US$25 cash for the required purchase of a Marine Park Tag. After a brief introduction to diving at Toucan Diving Bonaire; you simply get your gear ready, enter the water, and do your buoyancy check. Our staff is ready to assist you if you need to make weight or equipment adjustments.

Cathy and I are arriving late on Saturday. I believe we have a boat dive scheduled for Sunday morning. How and when do we get our "dry" and "wet" orientation performed?

If our late arrival does not work with the boat schedule, I guess Cathy and I could dive the house reef on Sunday.

Thanks,
markm

Hi Roxanne,
You wrote:

Cathy and I are arriving late on Saturday. I believe we have a boat dive scheduled for Sunday morning. How and when do we get our "dry" and "wet" orientation performed?

If our late arrival does not work with the boat schedule, I guess Cathy and I could dive the house reef on Sunday.

Thanks,
markm

Mark
DO NOT WORRY..... we have it under control.
All Crew Members arriving after the dive shop closes WILL BE DIVING ON BOATS Sunday morning.
The main issue is for everyone to get a marine park pass which is REQUIRED by the government before you can dive. We also need to get ALL Crew Members paperwork completed IE the Divershop & SB waviers. The boats may leave a little later on Sunday morning however we have complete cooperation from the resort and there is no need for ANY CREW MEMBER to worry..... You are after all on vacation.

Mark
All Crew Members arriving after the dive shop closes WILL BE DIVING ON BOATS Sunday morning.
The main issue is for everyone to get a marine park pass which is REQUIRED by the government before you can dive. We also need to get ALL Crew Members paperwork completed IE the Divershop & SB waviers. The boats may leave a little later on Sunday morning however we have complete cooperation from the resort and there is no need for ANY CREW MEMBER to worry..... You are after all on vacation.

Hi Cardzard,

Who is worrying? I was just wondering how the initial dive trip and orientation would work. And now I know from your post that the orientation is not that big of a deal as we can initially dive off the boats without it. COOL!

markm
PS: Cathy and I don't mind doing our orientation Sunday morning and then diving the house reef on Sunday. It is not your fault that we could not arrive on Friday or early Saturday. No worries!!

Mark

Hi Dennis. Are you sending out the SB waivers?

Hi Dennis. Are you sending out the SB waivers?

Do you have a crystal ball???? Yes the SB/Bay Adventure waivers will be emailed to everyone later today.
We were just waiting to get everyone thru the holidays, since we know that can be a distraction.

Mark

Good to know, Card. Mrs Dish and I are probably on the same flight that gets in around 7:30 PM and were wondering the same. Did watch the video this New Years morning, thanks for sending. Now... we are getting excited about the trip! I can almost smell the salt air.

In Card We Trust.

All Crew Members will get an orientation and will be able to dive on boats Sunday morning.

Except, of course, for at least one diver who isn't arriving until Sunday :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom