Favorite Memories of the SB SURGE 2024

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some of my favorite travel memories are the random things we encounter along the way, like the kitty at the ferry dock, the giant Virgin Mary statue in Batangas Bay, and birds flying around inside JFK Airport.

Attachments

• IMG_3198.jpeg
    IMG_3198.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3214.jpeg
    IMG_3214.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3215.jpeg
    IMG_3215.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3222.jpeg
    IMG_3222.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3230.jpeg
    IMG_3230.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 41
There is a pygmy sea horse in there if you can find it.

Attachments

• IMG_6442.JPG
    IMG_6442.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 45
  • WhiteTiip Shark.JPG
    WhiteTiip Shark.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Batfish.JPG
    Batfish.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5886.JPG
    IMG_5886.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 20240113220211_IMG_5442.JPG
    20240113220211_IMG_5442.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 46
Many thanks to @cardzard and @ROXANNE for all your hard work in planning this amazing trip! Particular thanks for bring together my favourite dive group of all time! :grouphug2:

Great photoshop of these two miscreants that didn't make it on time for the last group photo...:rolleyes:

After 4 airports, 4 airplanes over 40 hours we finally made it home. It was a great trip but we will definitely do things differently next time we travel that far.
James ended up getting a sand flea infection on his left foot and calf that didn't get really bad until we were at the Manila airport. He had to go on antibiotics but it seems to be clearing up now.

I always learn something new on every group dive trip I take and this one was no exception. You were a great group of people to spend two weeks with. Definitely hope to be able to do it again sometime soon.
Both resorts, for the most part, were awesome.

Even if the visibility wasn't the best, I was amazed at all of the biodiversity I saw at every one of the dive sites.

Funny thing is that I had so many cell phone/housing issues during the trip but on those few dives when I did get everything to work I got some of the best photos I have ever taken underwater. Green Sea Turtles and Seahorses are fairly common to see in the Caribbean where I normally dive but these two photos are the best I have ever taken of either.

Attachments

• Turtle.jpg
    Turtle.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 41
  • Starfish.jpg
    Starfish.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Coffee.jpg
    Coffee.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 39
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back