ScubaBoard Poster's Personality Types

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead:
DIY Guy - get his thrills from making his own gear and modifying gear for himself and all of his friends and family members who dive. He may spend $150 on the tools and materials to make a pair of $45 fin straps. Not daunted by his flooded canister lights, he will persevere until he scrapes together something that is waterproof, even though it is unslightly and weighs 45 pounds. The DIY guy recycles. When his wife's wetsuit becomes worn, he just cuts it up into a shorty. He may even enlist her help in making a DIY wetsuit. The DIY Guy is almost always a male who spends a lot of time in the garage instead of diving. He posts about his works-in-progress in minute detail and attaches numerous photos.

Not to be confused with
PACK-RAT BOY - who keeps every piece of diving gear he has ever purchased, found or acquired. He has a collection of anchors, found and floated, decorating the yard. He thinks it's "cool" to find an anchor, float it with his 100 lbs float bag, and drag the rope around (making the anchor his personal balloon for the rest of the dive). His prowess for collecting knows no bounds. The large piece of shrimp net he found on the wreck is draped across his picket fence in the front yard. During the holidays, Santa can be seen driving the Bass Boat next to the lead fishing weight Christmas Tree. And, he even made a make-shift house number sign that looks like a channel marker out of the wood from an old broken crab trap. He posts every detail of his find in hopes someone will admire his divng booty

Postus Maximus : Locates and/or starts the threads requiring the least effort per post, thereby fast-tracking their ScubaBoard Veteran status.

(Also one of my self-taxonyms)

It would be interesting to search for the single post which has the largest number of exhibited Personality Types.

DiverBry:
It would be interesting to search for the single post which has the largest number of exhibited Personality Types.

If it can be done, I think El is the only one who can supply such a search!

CoolTech:
If it can be done, I think El is the only one who can supply such a search!
Googlus Extremus: First reply to anything that remotely resembles a previous thread or even post is met with "Try the search button". When challenged can find a needle in a haystack... any haystack.

UN Googlus Extremus Envoy: First reply to anything that remotely resembles a previous thread or post is met with several links saying "check out these threads." When challenged, will find a landmine in the middle of a swamp, disarm it after activating it. Rarely loses any appendages, though it has happened.

KrisB:
Googlus Extremus: First reply to anything that remotely resembles a previous thread or even post is met with "Try the search button". When challenged can find a needle in a haystack... any haystack.

UN Googlus Extremus Envoy: First reply to anything that remotely resembles a previous thread or post is met with several links saying "check out these threads." When challenged, will find a landmine in the middle of a swamp, disarm it after activating it. Rarely loses any appendages, though it has happened.
Hay!
Hayy, Hayy!
Hayyy, Hayyy, Hayyy!

Gosh, I feel like Isaac from Love boat, or Jimmy Jay Jay Walker

CoolTech:
Hay!
Hay, Hay!
ribbon needle 2.jpg

Hay, Hay, Hay!

There's one now!

CoolTech:
Not to be confused with
PACK-RAT BOY - who keeps every piece of diving gear he has ever purchased, found or acquired. He has a collection of anchors, found and floated, decorating the yard. He thinks it's "cool" to find an anchor, float it with his 100 lbs float bag, and drag the rope around (making the anchor his personal balloon for the rest of the dive). His prowess for collecting knows no bounds. The large piece of shrimp net he found on the wreck is draped across his picket fence in the front yard. During the holidays, Santa can be seen driving the Bass Boat next to the lead fishing weight Christmas Tree. And, he even made a make-shift house number sign that looks like a channel marker out of the wood from an old broken crab trap.

Hmmm... maybe i should throw away the fishing lure and 5 golfballs that I've got sitting around my TV...

Psychic Fiend: PF knows the human psyche like Pete Rose knows a baseball spread. PF will use stealth in a thread, only to ZING you at just the right moment. Most human beings can not resist PF's sting and will get really angry, at which point PF will accuse them of being rude, uncivil, and calling them names. PF has a memory like a steel trap: you can be sure that every little indiscretion you have ever committed, every little word said out of turn, every
small transgression at your doorstep will be remembered by PF and brought out for devastating effect. Luckily, PF only targets a few individuals PF thinks are horrible human beings and leaves the rest of us alone.

Savant: Savant has one (and only one) talent, but it's a good one. Savant
can ask the most inane questions and say the most ridiculous things since
the invention of the Braille drive-thru ATM .... and nobody calls them on it.
Would Homer Simpson say things one tenth as lame-brained as Savant, they
would be crucified. Not Savant. Savant accomplishes this immunity to rebuttal
two ways. First, when called on Savant's inane assertions, Savant accuses
the caller of being insensitive, mean, cruel, and trying to stiffle a creative spirit.
Second, Savant has a vast network of PM buddies, and Savant targets all
potential critics and befriends them, thus eliminating the possibility that Savant
will become their target.

H2Andy:
Agent Provocateur: AP knows the human psyche like Pete Rose knows a baseball spread. AP will use stealth in a thread, only to ZING you at just the right moment. Most human beings can not resist AP's sting and will get really angry, at which point AP will accuse them of being rude, uncivil, and calling them names. AP has a memory like a steel trap: you can be sure that every little indiscretion you have ever committed, every little word said out of turn, every
small transgression at your doorstep will be remembered by AP and brought out for devastating effect. Luckily, AP only targets a few individuals AP thinks are horrible human beings and leaves the rest of us alone.

:11: Now I have to change my title!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom