ScubaBoard Poster's Personality Types

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Avenger: the Avenger's ego is easily bruised. Should you bruise the Avenger's ego, you will become the Avenger's Mortal Enemy and the Avenger will follow you from thread to thread hurling insults your way. If you fully engage the Avenger, you will make a ruthless enemy for life. Luckily, the Avenger's ego is so often bruised that he or she will find a new Mortal Enemy within a matter of days.

The Toxic Avenger: The Toxic Avenger is in every respect but two like the Avenger. First, unlike the Avenger, the Toxic Avenger is slow and cunning, letting the poison work its way slowly, a stab here, a prick there, until the Mortal Enemy is rendered lifeless. Also unlike the Avenger, theToxic Avenger *NEVER* forgets an insult. Once you become a Toxic Avenger's Mortal Enemy, you remain so for ever. Toxic Avengers need a Super Mortal Enemy to detest, abhor, and vilify. If you have the misfortune to become Toxic Avenger's Super Mortal Enemy, your life will become hell. You might as well quit ScubaBoard now.

H2Andy:
The Avenger: Luckily, the Avenger's ego is so often bruised that he or she will find a new Mortal Enemy within a matter of days.
No wonder I haven't seen you in all of my threads recently! :D

i have so many Mortal Enemies i don't have time for all of them!

please take a number and get in line

NetDoc:
dherbman... your former avatar looked nicer! :D
That reminds me.... :D

The Stalker

Latches onto a member and follows every post they make. The Stalker seldom adds anything to the victims threads, but may parrot their views. The Stalker may PM their victim and attempt to engage directly. The Stalker may stalk outside of SB and lusts for any tidbit of personal information on their victim. The Stalker can actually be dangerous and must be squashed upon detection.

any stalkers that look like Lindsay Lohan, my cell number is 904.555-5555

H2Andy:
The Toxic Avenger: The Toxic Avenger is in every respect but two like the Avenger. First, unlike the Avenger, the Toxic Avenger is slow and cunning, letting the poison work its way slowly, a stab here, a prick there, until the Mortal Enemy is rendered lifeless. Also unlike the Avenger, theToxic Avenger *NEVER* forgets an insult. Once you become a Toxic Avenger's Mortal Enemy, you remain so for ever. Toxic Avengers need a Super Mortal Enemy to detest, abhor, and vilify. If you have the misfortune to become Toxic Avenger's Super Mortal Enemy, your life will become hell. You might as well quit ScubaBoard now.
I know someone like this on another board. I'm a scared of him.:eyebrow:

The Nudge [Whiness Perpetuous]Constantly posts on Site Support about functions that don't work properly. Never reads sticky posts about board status. Has a secret crush on El Orans. Doesn't care if they are the same sex.

Postus Consecutivitis

Not really as much a type as an affliction. It can strike virtually any type of member and compels them to create a new post for each sentence they construct. The cause is not known and there seems to be no known cure. Look for pages of consecutive posts, often containing single sentences or paragraphs to spot this affliction.

Nequam Pontificater: Posts on a regular or even alarming basis, generally off topic, and will attempt to derail the discussion onto topics that they are more comfortable discussing, or in no direction at all. When posting on topic the responses are generally random, unpredictable and without substance. Often confused with the Postus Maximus, and may share very similar colorings or markings.

Lurker Pontificater: Rarely seen in the wild, however has many traits similar to the Nequam Pontificater. Once it comes out from hiding it will often lack the social skills necessary make comfortable responses, and is easly provoked by Arguebutt's into Nequam Pontificater, Troll, or Encyclopedia behavior. Instructo's or self proclaimed experts may drive the Lurker Ponitificater back into hiding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom