ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2025 Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do we have details on the type of boats Maduro uses? (e.g., with or without a head, require roll back vs. giant stride, how many divers per boat etc.). Looking at their website, not seeing this information. Thanks!

Do we have details on the type of boats Maduro uses? (e.g., with our without/head, require roll back vs. giant stride, how many divers per boat etc.). Looking at their website, not seeing this information. Thanks!
First Maduro is our travel agent. They handle the bookings for ScubaBoard.

Second Belize Dive Haven is our host for the resort and diving.

ScubaBoard events are handled by ScubaBoard... We make the Dive Teams, boat rosters and rotations.

The dive boats do not have bathrooms ( boat rides except for the Blue Hole are only minutes from the resort ).
Giant stride is the method of entry.

Here is a picture of one of their boats, however since they will be bringing in boats to handle the ScubaBoard Invasion, they will not all look like this.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

1722291981016.jpeg

First Maduro is our travel agent. They handle the bookings for ScubaBoard.

Second Belize Dive Haven is our host for the resort and diving.

ScubaBoard events are handled by ScubaBoard... We make the Dive Teams, boat rosters and rotations.

The dive boats do not have bathrooms ( boat rides except for the Blue Hole are only minutes from the resort ).
Giant stride is the method of entry.

Here is a picture of one of their boats, however since they will be bringing in boats to handle the ScubaBoard Invasion, they will not all look like this.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

View attachment 853475
Appreciate the clarifications & information. Very helpful.

I will make this trip my first SB Invasion. Yes, I will do the GBH add-on. I've done Belize twice (Ramon's and Sunbreeze). Ambergris Caye has good diving, and the resorts are great hosts, however it will be a good change to do the south. By preference, I'll do the trip as a solo cabin occupant. Thanks @cardzard for setting this up.
On the GBH trip -- I've done it twice -- both times from Ambergris Caye on Ramon's 42 foot Newton. Both trips were adventurous, wild, bumpy, open-ocean dashes across the wave-tops. I'll regret missing the boat trip, but I'll not miss the 14 hour trip.
For the organizer:
1. May I pay a supplemental fee to dive two tanks as sidemount for the morning dives, then switch to traditional BPW the rest of the day?
2. Will the dives be guided, or will divers have the option of forming their own groups, and explore independent of the dive crews?
3. Will Solo / Self Reliant divers have the option of solo exploration? What certifications are recognized?
4. For independent / solo divers, will there be published expectations to manage dive logistics? ( on the ladder within 1 hour, diver retrieval, redundant air, DSMB's, safety equipment)

I will make this trip my first SB Invasion. Yes, I will do the GBH add-on. I've done Belize twice (Ramon's and Sunbreeze). Ambergris Caye has good diving, and the resorts are great hosts, however it will be a good change to do the south. By preference, I'll do the trip as a solo cabin occupant. Thanks @cardzard for setting this up.
On the GBH trip -- I've done it twice -- both times from Ambergris Caye on Ramon's 42 foot Newton. Both trips were adventurous, wild, bumpy, open-ocean dashes across the wave-tops. I'll regret missing the boat trip, but I'll not miss the 14 hour trip.
For the organizer:
1. May I pay a supplemental fee to dive two tanks as sidemount for the morning dives, then switch to traditional BPW the rest of the day?
2. Will the dives be guided, or will divers have the option of forming their own groups, and explore independent of the dive crews?
3. Will Solo / Self Reliant divers have the option of solo exploration? What certifications are recognized?
4. For independent / solo divers, will there be published expectations to manage dive logistics? ( on the ladder within 1 hour, diver retrieval, redundant air, DSMB's, safety equipment)

gmerick, that is one of the huge advantages of diving off Turneffe at BDH. Short boat rides to some of Belize's best diving, sorta like a liveaboard from land.

Before I answer your solo diving questions, we are checking with the resort. I will post their response once I get it.

that is one of the huge advantages of diving off Turneffe at BDH. Short boat rides to some of Belize's best diving, sorta like a liveaboard from land.
Except for those of us that look forward to open-ocean boating. I went the second time because I wanted the boat ride. The south-east wind weather had socked out the entire reef at Ambergris and Ramon's announced to all shops that their boat was going, but be prepared for a very rough trip. OK, it was the only diving at all for the two days, but it was the highlight of my trip.

Hi guys. Question...
The trip page says "ocean rooms". Does that mean "ocean view rooms"?
Because those look nice. I want a second floor balcony

Hi guys. Question...
The trip page says "ocean rooms". Does that mean "ocean view rooms"?
Because those look nice. I want a second floor balcony
Yes, because on an Atoll both side of the resort overlook the ocean.
Just include your request in the email to Maduro when you send it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom