ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2025 Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do we have details on the type of boats Maduro uses? (e.g., with or without a head, require roll back vs. giant stride, how many divers per boat etc.). Looking at their website, not seeing this information. Thanks!
I have a question ? Actually 2 😂 is it safe to book a return flight from Belize City for 12:30? And does the dive shop have short nitrox and air tanks? I’ve had back surgery and it’s so much better on me with smaller tanks ? Thanks 🧜‍♀️ Runndive

I have a question ? Actually 2 😂 is it safe to book a return flight from Belize City for 12:30? And does the dive shop have short nitrox and air tanks? I’ve had back surgery and it’s so much better on me with smaller tanks ? Thanks 🧜‍♀️ Runndive
Yes flights after 12pm are OK, Everyone please get a spot before booking any flights.

I believe they do have smaller tanks but will double check with the dive shop and let you know.

I will make this trip my first SB Invasion. Yes, I will do the GBH add-on. I've done Belize twice (Ramon's and Sunbreeze). Ambergris Caye has good diving, and the resorts are great hosts, however it will be a good change to do the south. By preference, I'll do the trip as a solo cabin occupant. Thanks @cardzard for setting this up.
On the GBH trip -- I've done it twice -- both times from Ambergris Caye on Ramon's 42 foot Newton. Both trips were adventurous, wild, bumpy, open-ocean dashes across the wave-tops. I'll regret missing the boat trip, but I'll not miss the 14 hour trip.
For the organizer:
1. May I pay a supplemental fee to dive two tanks as sidemount for the morning dives, then switch to traditional BPW the rest of the day?
2. Will the dives be guided, or will divers have the option of forming their own groups, and explore independent of the dive crews?
3. Will Solo / Self Reliant divers have the option of solo exploration? What certifications are recognized?
4. For independent / solo divers, will there be published expectations to manage dive logistics? ( on the ladder within 1 hour, diver retrieval, redundant air, DSMB's, safety equipment)
@gmerick
I sent your questions just as you asked them to the resort and here is their response

• Do you allow sidemount diving and if so what is the supplemental fee to dive two tanks as sidemount for the morning dives? Yes, we can offer sidemount dives. There is no extra charge for the side mount dives, it is only an extra charge if divers use Nitrox.
  • Will the dives be guided, or will divers have the option of forming their own groups, and explore independent of the dive crews? All dives must be guided in Belize!
  • Will Solo / Self Reliant divers have the option of solo exploration? All dives must be guided. Divers can explore; however, you will need to stay within dive guide limits.
  • What certifications are recognized? All certifications are recognized starting from Open water to Course director. All divers must have an open-water certification.
  • For independent / solo divers, will there be published expectations to manage dive logistics? ( on the ladder within 1 hour, diver retrieval, redundant air, DSMB's, safety equipment) Our guides will plan and go over all dives as scheduled based on dive conditions and for safety divers will be monitored.

I need short tanks too please!
@Runnscuba & @Dizzi Lizzi

We asked the resort about your tank question and here is their response

Does the dive operation have smaller tanks? If so, can they be used for Nitrox dives? Yes our Dive operation has smaller tanks that can also be used for nitrox dives.

I have had a few people ask me the following question in emails.

Does the resort allow Lionfish hunts with divers? If so, is there any requirements for divers to participate?
Here is their response

We do offer lionfish hunting and there are no requirements or restrictions within the law of Belize. (Our guides will give an introduction of the LionFish Hunt before starting the dive)

I have had a few people ask me the following question in emails.

Does the resort allow Lionfish hunts with divers? If so, is there any requirements for divers to participate?
Here is their response

We do offer lionfish hunting and there are no requirements or restrictions within the law of Belize. (Our guides will give an introduction of the LionFish Hunt before starting the dive)

Depending on the prevalence of lionfish, I'm not intending on focusing on hunting, but that could change if I see the need and opportunity.
Does the resort provide pointy tools for harvesting the pests?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom