ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2025 Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@gmerick
I sent your questions just as you asked them to the resort and here is their response.
  • For independent / solo divers, will there be published expectations to manage dive logistics? ( on the ladder within 1 hour, diver retrieval, redundant air, DSMB's, safety equipment) Our guides will plan and go over all dives as scheduled based on dive conditions and for safety divers will be monitored.
Here are the Belizean regulations the dive operator has to follow. If there was an incident with a solo diver the operator would be in trouble.

Here are the Belizean regulations the dive operator has to follow. If there was an incident with a solo diver the operator would be in trouble.
I’ve done over 400 dives in Belize. Even as an instructor trainer I can’t lead recreational dives as I’m not (currently) a registered tour guide with the Belizean Tourist Board.

Hello,
The only directs from Denver to Belize City (BZE) are on United and arrive at 1:58pm. I hate to be "that guy" that others have to wait on due to a late flight. What happens if the flight is late? Below is the itinerary.

Screenshot_20240806-143233.png

Thanks!

Hello,
The only directs from Denver to Belize City (BZE) are on United and arrive at 1:58pm. I hate to be "that guy" that others have to wait on due to a late flight. What happens if the flight is late? Below is the itinerary.

View attachment 854774

Thanks!
This is a question that can’t be answered.
It is within guidelines but nobody can predict if a flight will be early, on time or late.
I would look for a flight that arrives earlier or perhaps a day earlier.
I hope something that works for you.

I sent your questions just as you asked them to the resort and here is their response
Appreciate both answers. I note that the Belize regulations address guided scuba diving tours, and leaves a lot unsaid about unguided divers. The responses from Dive Haven are quite what I was anticipating. My previous two trips had set my expectations for permissivity and tolerance of unguided dive teams, or solo divers. It will be the dive leaders and the resorts dive team that will set expectations for guest conduct.

The scheduled boat to the resort is currently Wednesday and Saturday. Options are Maya Air, or a chartered boat ride. I'd expect once guest arrival times are communicated to the travel agent (Maduro) or the resort, we'll get more information about additional scheduled vessels, or scheduled Maya Air flights.
For myself, I have hopes of arriving on Wednesday, and spending a bit of down time at the resort prior to things ramping up. If the option is available, I would choose Maya Air over a two hour boat ride.

Appreciate both answers. I note that the Belize regulations address guided scuba diving tours, and leaves a lot unsaid about unguided divers. The responses from Dive Haven are quite what I was anticipating. My previous two trips had set my expectations for permissivity and tolerance of unguided dive teams, or solo divers. It will be the dive leaders and the resorts dive team that will set expectations for guest conduct.
It’s really simple. If you’re on an operator’s boat the regulations apply. It’s when things go wrong that the authorities take an interest.

Forgive me if I missed this detail, how many total divers can this trip accommodate? e.g., how many spots are there when the trip is open to sign up?

Forgive me if I missed this detail, how many total divers can this trip accommodate? e.g., how many spots are there when the trip is open to sign up?

Since there are 90 rooms at the resort excluding the Penthouses my guess is around 80 divers we may need to start a waiting list. They have let me know they can bring in more boats to handle the event.
So we will see after day 1.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom