ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2025 Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our only previous trip to Belize, we stayed at Hamanasi, quite far to the south, several hours by boat from the Blue Hole.
The divers voted in my group to not bother.......but only a 30 mnute ride....count me in.
Back then, with that op, the plan was 1 tank air in an early AM dive at the hole, because the depth means no Nitrox, then two tanks , shollower on the return trip.
Many dive operators that go to the Great Blue Hole work out of either Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker—two islands in Belize. From Ambergris Caye, the trip is between 2 ½ and 3 hours while from Caye Caulker, it could take a bit longer. Water conditions are usually extremely rough, which can make for a bumpy and uncomfortable ride.

Fortunately, from our resort, you could be diving at the Blue Hole in around 30 minutes!

Yes, I believe that will be the plan here, but we're going to get all the details from the dive shop so everyone's well aware of what the additional trip entails. Just give us a day or so.

Belize Dive Haven does not have good reviews here on Scubaboard. I'm just curious what made the group decide this should be the place to go given the lackluster portrait painted here?

I made the choice to have the event there. I will let my track record speak for itself.

Management on the property has changed, feel free to read reviews from this year.

I am confident we will have a great time as always.
You have done pretty well so far, Dennis, and Roxanne.
I for one have enjoyed the few Invasions which we have joined, and the friends we have made on each of those trips, and I'm not exactly a "people person".
We join the SB Invasions because your trips are well organized, other divers come expecting to meet new divers ( and not just a small clique of snobs who'll only dive with X, Y, and [maybe] Z). and who enjoy making new friends, to dive with, to relax with, and also, to not have to deal with much of the travel BS, ourselves for once.
Sure, we have not joined every Invasion or Surge, and we certainly book many trips on our own, but i personally have never regretted joining one of the trips that the two of you have arranged!

Definitely diving air for the Blue Hole, then switching to nitrox for dives 2 and 3 of that trip, if desired, makes sense.
Respecting the Max Depth of enriched air blends becomes crucial on a deep dive site like the BH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom