ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2024 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it every husband's responsibility to sit on the edge of the bed and comment on each of 18 different dresses which should be packed?
Yes. Because it helps narrow down the ones she wanted to take in the first place, i.e., 99.9% of them. Just smile and nod your head, but carefully monitor your air supply and depth

Check-in at dive shop then yes you can do 1 checkout dive, The package technically does not start until Sunday. Plus we will have the welcome party Saturday night.
Hey Dennis,
Was reading in the crew email that there is no check-out or etc. dive allowed on Saturday. I understand the "package" is only Sunday - Friday. I can imagine a not-insignificant number of people would like to sort out weights or test a newly rebuilt reg before jumping off a boat the next day. Or, like me, just want to blow some bubbles and relax after a day of travel.

Can we pay whatever extra to get a tank/lead on Saturday, outside of the dive package?

What about analyzing tanks in advance for Sunday, or if we want to get a tank before breakfast on Sunday?

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon! Safe travels.

Hey Dennis,
Was reading in the crew email that there is no check-out or etc. dive allowed on Saturday. I understand the "package" is only Sunday - Friday. I can imagine a not-insignificant number of people would like to sort out weights or test a newly rebuilt reg before jumping off a boat the next day. Or, like me, just want to blow some bubbles and relax after a day of travel.

Can we pay whatever extra to get a tank/lead on Saturday, outside of the dive package?

What about analyzing tanks in advance for Sunday, or if we want to get a tank before breakfast on Sunday?

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon! Safe travels.
George your are correct our dive package starts on Sunday. The dive shop has requested that all Crew Members check in and get their weights after you get settled at the resort.
The earliest flight arrives on Bonaire around 2pm putting crew members at the resort around 3pm and after checking in at the dive shop you are looking at 3:30-4:00 .
Dinner starts at 6:00 and the welcome party starts at 8:00
This is why we did not get diving on Saturday included in the package there is just not much time for it to make sense.
Nitrox tanks are analyzed on the boat and boat diving begins at 8:00am
Breakfast starts at 7:00 normally but we trying to get that moved to 6:30

We advise ALL CREW MEMBERS if you have new or rebuilt gear to test that BEFORE you leave home.

If you want to pay extra to dive on Saturday that is your choice as you know the ScubaBoard Invasions are not boot camp training.
We simply asked in my email that all Crew Member respect the dive shops request.

picture by Bob London - Pink beach

1718017753014.png

Back
Top Bottom