ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2024 Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have my boots!
Moonie avatar.jpg

And my mask, ready to go diving... Hee, Hee!
9320_139061816148_139022191148_2681605_4302452_n[1].jpg

The additional stability of being a tripod is significant. Especially as I get older, I would like to avoid falls.
I completely agree. The problem of being a tripod for me, personally, has always been the tripping hazard.

1717771969421.png

Newbie question - footwear. Currently Gayle and I have relatively flexible soled dive boots (mine more than hers) and have read that having a hard, molded boot is important.

Question is just how important … a ‘if you don’t it’ll be like walking barefoot on Lego’s’ or ‘it’ll be uncomfortable at times but nothing a post-dive drink won’t solve’?
I would not recommend shore diving without shoes that are plastic or hard rubber on the bottom, because there are rocks and broken bits of coral in the surf zone. I took a pair of NRS paddling booties last time I went to Bonaire, and it went fine, I'll be bringing them again on this trip. I think the boot part is 3mm neoprene, with a plastic bottom. But nowhere near rock boots, those would work but are overkill.

There are plenty of YouTube videos of Bonaire Reef Shore Diving that show entry/exit areas and how to navigate the shore line rocks and corals

Is it every husband's responsibility to sit on the edge of the bed and comment on each of 18 different dresses which should be packed?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom