ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was great meeting and spending time with you guys. We hope you pull through quickly too.

Hopefully, we’ll see you guys again at the next Invasion in … oh, is it still a secret? I haven’t seen an announcement.
Well, it's no secret there will be one, just no "public" announcement as to where. That's just this year's invasion crew's secret.:eyebrow:

but it is going to keep me from getting treatment for my back which I (re?)injured Saturday morning.
My daughter has her annual colonoscopy today. (She has a disease which puts her at extremely high risk for colon (and a half dozen other) cancers). Obviously, with COVID, I can't be her driver and information recipient. It will be the first one I've ever missed. Depending on her infusion center's tolerance for COVID exposure, she may have to miss tomorrow's infusion (which keeps her in remission from the underlying disease).

Hope you don't have to put off treatment too long. Will they treat you at day 6, with a mask?

Hope you get over your mild symptoms very quickly! It was great meeting you this week. Hope to dive with you again sometime!
Good to meet you, as well! Maybe we'll dive together next year in that place no one is mentioning . . . (My symptoms are mostly gone by this morning.)

Good morning all. I miss our trip already!

You can count me among those who have tested positive. I took a test yesterday and it was negative, but went in for a PCR test later in the day to be on the safe side (supposed to travel for work tomorrow). Over night, I had increasing head cold symptoms so took another at-home test this morning, and it was positive. I'm still waiting for the PCR results, but that will just confirm what I already know.

Fortunately, I did wear a mask in the airports and on the planes Saturday (when not eating/drinking) so hopefully any spread from me was limited.

At the moment, I feel like I have a decent head cold.

Knowing all this, I still have no regrets about the trip though! It was wonderful meeting so many people, and diving and laughing with Grupo Ocho!

Amy

Depending on her infusion center's tolerance for COVID exposure, she may have to miss tomorrow's infusion (which keeps her in remission from the underlying disease).
I know the drill; my now eight-year-old grandson has VEO-IBD and has been going for monthly infusions at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia since he was three. Missing one isn’t good. Hope that if your daughter has to miss this one, they’ll get her rescheduled very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom