ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a lighter note… I was just thinking it would be nice to get a couple mojitos. Then, I realized that I don’t know how to make them, don’t have the ingredients, and there’s no bartender. Vacation is officially over…
Google be your friend.

Like Pina Coladas, making these from scratch is easy, and results in far better a product than using any mix ingredients.

I just had my second booster 3 weeks ago, with the intention of having maximum immunity for the week ahead of, and the week of, the invasion.

This is the third time since November I have had cold or flu symptoms. The two prior times I tested negative, repeatedly. This is by far the mildest of the three (I went through at least a box of tissues each prior time, and ran a fever. I'm up to maybe 15 tissues by now, and I don't believe I have had a fever). But this time I am positive.

BTW, COVID can include GI symptoms, so your GI stuff was likely the start of COVID.
If that last could be proven somehow to be true, then my isolation could be shortened by several days.
Since my gastro symptoms cleared before Fri evening's party at 9PM, and I had no head cold symptoms until after 11AM on Sat, I can only error on the side of caution, and pick Sat as my onset date.

When the screw apparently ripped out of the bone in my ankle rod implant on Thurs as I was washing gear, I collapsed and I became violently ill from that pain, on top of the gastro bs..
I think I had several issues come to a head, all within a short span of time.
Out of extra caution I am going to call Sat morning Day 1, just to be safe for those around me.
I would have simply tested on Fri, to be careful had we not slready given the one test that Colleen and I had packed to another SB Invader

When the screw apparently ripped out of the bone in my ankle rod implant on Thurs as I was washing gear, I collapsed and I became violently ill from that pain, on top of the gastro bs..
WOW Jim, you seem to have hit the medical trifecta there! So sorry you had that issue; hope you heal quickly from the ankle collapse as well as from your Covid symptoms.

One of our dive group tested positive early Friday with fever and congestion with a rapid test, but yesterday I saw him at the airport and he was doing much better.

My roommate Peggy was hacking up a lung and had massive head congestion starting Thursday, which moved into her chest yesterday morning, and she also had some GI symptoms. She stayed in Friday. I had brought a rapid test from home so I tested yesterday (Saturday) morning before coming to breakfast since she was so sick - and I was negative.

But after seeing how many people got positive results, I scheduled a PCR test for tomorrow (Monday) morning. Don't want to expose my 96-year-old dad if I have it, even though we're both double-boosted.

But after seeing how many people got positive results, I scheduled a PCR test for tomorrow (Monday) morning. Don't want to expose my 96-year-old dad if I have it, even though we're both double-boosted.

Better safe than sorry. I got my second booster 3 weeks ago. I waited to get it so I had peak immunity for the trip. Didn't keep me safe! (Although my symptoms are very mild.)

Better safe than sorry. I got my second booster 3 weeks ago. I waited to get it so I had peak immunity for the trip. Didn't keep me safe! (Although my symptoms are very mild.)
Hope you get over your mild symptoms very quickly! It was great meeting you this week. Hope to dive with you again sometime!

I tested positive this morning, despite Mrs DSE testing negative yesterday. I suspect she got a false negative. We both have had 4 shots now so we should be ok. I have very light symptoms, mostly just a sore throat.

I’m thinking some that tested negative might want to double check…

Well, due to everyone reporting positive results, Terri had me do a test since I had been having what would normally be considered symptoms of a summer cold. And yeah, I was positive as well. As I had also gotten a slight ear infection around mid-week, we had bought some antibiotic ear drops and amoxicillin. I'm already getting over all symptoms. Strangely, Terri has yet to show any symptoms and has tested negative.

Hope everyone gets over this quickly.

I tested positive this morning, despite Mrs DSE testing negative yesterday. I suspect she got a false negative. We both have had 4 shots now so we should be ok. I have very light symptoms, mostly just a sore throat.

I’m thinking some that tested negative might want to double check…
I'm not surprised we both tested positive as much as we around each other. Terri and had such a great time getting to know you and Mrs. DSE. Hope you get over tis quickly.

No symptoms through Saturday.

Negative yesterday (Sunday) morning with only minor post-nasal drip, not inconsistent with normal allergies for me.

POSITIVE this morning (Monday) with maybe a slightly scratchy throat.

Vaxed and boosted (1x) so hopefully will remain mild, but it is going to keep me from getting treatment for my back which I (re?)injured Saturday morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom