ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can walk across the street from the lobby or there is also a tunnel that crosses under the road. All hotel guests have access to the pool and waterfront areas. I drew on an overhead view to give everyone a little layout of the resort.
View attachment 688778
@ROXANNE Thanks for the mapping info effort. Just wondering, the resort layout looks like it requires divers will have to do a lot of walking during the day…. not very relaxing. Is that a fair assessment?

@ROXANNE Thanks for the mapping info effort. Just wondering, the resort layout looks like it requires divers will have to do a lot of walking during the day…. not very relaxing. Is that a fair assessment?
Are you planning on joining us?
When it gets closer to our trip date, I'll post a info thread.
Here's the last one I posted from our previous event.
Packing, travel thread 2018
Hotel Cozumel is a nice size, but you'll find its layed out well. So unless you like to run back to your room constantly, the boats are a short walk from breakfast.

We are going to Dive Dream Gate Cenote

OK I really, really, really want to do this!!,

But I have some Qs ...

Is that video supposed to be representative of the tour that will be undertaken? From the video, it appears to be a longish Full-Cave transit, not even remotely close to cavern limits. Is there a listed route map somewhere for a cavern dive?

What options for gas redundancy will be available? My understanding is that no full cylinders can be carried on the ferries (regardless, my smallish pony is probably not up to that sort of range if it is beyond cavern limits.) Individual gas redundancy is a pretty basic safety requirement in an overhead environment.

OK I really, really, really want to do this!!,

But I have some Qs ...

Is that video supposed to be representative of the tour that will be undertaken? From the video, it appears to be a longish Full-Cave transit, not even remotely close to cavern limits. Is there a listed route map somewhere for a cavern dive?

What options for gas redundancy will be available? My understanding is that no full cylinders can be carried on the ferries (regardless, my smallish pony is probably not up to that sort of range if it is beyond cavern limits.) Individual gas redundancy is a pretty basic safety requirement in an overhead environment.
Your guide has the redundancy. If I remember correctly it's one cave certified diver with doubles for every three or four divers. And you're never out of sight of daylight.

We did dos ojos last time we were outside of the cavern zone per padis definition but the guide does have double sidemount tanks and atleast last time they had no problem with me diving full sidemount.

Back
Top Bottom