ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually dive solo on these trips just following the group on the dives. If you arnt bringing a buddy it isnt normally a problem.

Love numbers and just woke up… am considering joining and actually meeting some of the people behind the board that I have been part of for over two decades!. It will be a good break from the liveaboards.

Can you also please share how many solo divers joining? just curious… are these events attended typically by couples diving together? Thank you
I'm traveling solo and willing to dive with anyone who will put up with me and the camera.

Love numbers and just woke up… am considering joining and actually meeting some of the people behind the board that I have been part of for over two decades!. It will be a good break from the liveaboards.

Can you also please share how many solo divers joining? just curious… are these events attended typically by couples diving together? Thank you
So far we have a good mix of couples that dive, couples with just one diving, and individual divers. There's always someone to buddy up with. Hope you decide to join the SB Crew, we always have a lot of fun.

I've wanted to join these trips in the past but the dates never worked out for me. So I'm excited to say that I called and signed up today, so see you guys/gals in June 😁 This will make my 3rd trip to voz for the year, I should just move there 🤣

The Crew list has been updated

If I spelled your name wrong or if you have a
SB name to include please PM me.
There are only a maximum 10 diver spots left
Welcome to the new Crew Members

Do Not Delay!!

AOW is NOT required in Cozumel

Courses offered by Dive Paradise and prices can be found here

Extra dives outside of the package and prices can be found here

Thank you all for the great package deal and information.

I see the one tank afternoon trips are listed as an add on- would I be safe to assume that there will be divers interested in 2 tank afternoon or the 2 tank twilight trips advertised on the Dive Paradise website? Or will the boats be committed to the 1 tank afternoon trips? I also see a three tank AM (dawn + 2 morning) dives that looks interesting- might that be an option or will the boats all be committed to the 2 tank AM dives?

Are the night boat dives on a set schedule or purely demand driven?

Thanks!

Thank you all for the great package deal and information.

I see the one tank afternoon trips are listed as an add on- would I be safe to assume that there will be divers interested in 2 tank afternoon or the 2 tank twilight trips advertised on the Dive Paradise website? Or will the boats be committed to the 1 tank afternoon trips? I also see a three tank AM (dawn + 2 morning) dives that looks interesting- might that be an option or will the boats all be committed to the 2 tank AM dives?

Are the night boat dives on a set schedule or purely demand driven?

Thanks!
I have no info on what Dive Paradise is doing for afternoon dives; but I've dove with "Scuba with Alison" in the past and have reached out to her for doing a two tank afternoon dive for my wife and I.

Two problems -- 1) she currently does not have enough people to justify an afternoon trip yet. It takes 4 min / 8 max. So I would need at least two others - but would be fine with filling the boat - to book with her.
2) ...and I have not researched this yet - but she says our hotel is too far away - so we would have to take a ride into town to one of the closer docks. **I really do not have enough info on this part and I would not have posted until I did, except I saw your post about 2 tank afternoon dives.

What I do know:
Her charge is $80 (USD) per person for a two tank trip. $20 extra for nitrox.
Rental gear has a charge, but she knows we have our gear and did not quote it.
She has an ok boat (I have had no issues with it) and Alison and her captain are very fun to dive with. No rushing - I believe we always dove to our pre-planned PSI limit - I think it was 500 or 700psi...either way we did not have a "55 or 60 minute time limit".
While we are entertaining diving with her; we are not sure we want to do it everyday - depends on Cenote diving (we had great experience with someone there too we're looking at, but the minimum is 2 divers - would be fine with anyone else interested if we do it) and how we feel. {normally we try to push as many dives as we can into a trip - but for this trip we are thinking of perhaps backing off some.

All of that said, I do not aim to step on anyone's toes - both the "Scuba with Alison" and the Cenote dives we had planned on doing independently of the planned diving. For those interested with the limited info above, here is Alison's (and the Cenote place we use) links:

I have no info on what Dive Paradise is doing for afternoon dives; but I've dove with "Scuba with Alison" in the past and have reached out to her for doing a two tank afternoon dive for my wife and I.

Two problems -- 1) she currently does not have enough people to justify an afternoon trip yet. It takes 4 min / 8 max. So I would need at least two others - but would be fine with filling the boat - to book with her.
2) ...and I have not researched this yet - but she says our hotel is too far away - so we would have to take a ride into town to one of the closer docks. **I really do not have enough info on this part and I would not have posted until I did, except I saw your post about 2 tank afternoon dives.

What I do know:
Her charge is $80 (USD) per person for a two tank trip. $20 extra for nitrox.
Rental gear has a charge, but she knows we have our gear and did not quote it.
She has an ok boat (I have had no issues with it) and Alison and her captain are very fun to dive with. No rushing - I believe we always dove to our pre-planned PSI limit - I think it was 500 or 700psi...either way we did not have a "55 or 60 minute time limit".
While we are entertaining diving with her; we are not sure we want to do it everyday - depends on Cenote diving (we had great experience with someone there too we're looking at, but the minimum is 2 divers - would be fine with anyone else interested if we do it) and how we feel. {normally we try to push as many dives as we can into a trip - but for this trip we are thinking of perhaps backing off some.

All of that said, I do not aim to step on anyone's toes - both the "Scuba with Alison" and the Cenote dives we had planned on doing independently of the planned diving. For those interested with the limited info above, here is Alison's (and the Cenote place we use) links:

I'll get on the afternoon boat for 2 dives with you guys, no problem. And mos def doing some cenote dives. I usually schedule those at the end of the Coz trip so I don't have to rinse out my gear before going home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom