ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are so many great dive ops in Cozumel that even if Dive Paradise doesn't run a trip (they've always been demand driven in my limited prior experience at Hotel Coz), you're guaranteed to find someone who will take you. I'm planning to do at least one dive with Dive With Charro while we're there; Carlos was amazing on my cruise port stop there last year. I've also dived with Papa Hogs (although I understand they're retiring and selling to another shop), Dive with Martin, Agave Azul, and others I can't think of right now.

Guaranteed you won't have a problem diving any time you want during the week, assuming the weather is cooperative and the boats are allowed to go out (there was one day NO boats were permitted due to weather a couple of years ago). Has to be REALLY bad for that to happen; I had another cruise port stop where the dive op I had scheduled cancelled, but Dive with Martin had an early afternoon boat, so I jumped on that. It was "sporty" but not the worst I've ever experienced. Great dives all!

For me, convenience is key. I would prefer to not shuffle gear from one op to another, especially in a taxi.

Would also like to keep the business with the provider, it seems like they have done right by the Scubaboard team, so don't want to take any business away from them.

Torn between a Roatan liveaboard and this trip for the same week- very grateful that these are the problems I have in my life today!

For me, convenience is key. I would prefer to not shuffle gear from one op to another, especially in a taxi.

Would also like to keep the business with the provider, it seems like they have done right by the Scubaboard team, so don't want to take any business away from them.

Torn between a Roatan liveaboard and this trip for the same week- very grateful that these are the problems I have in my life today!
Understandable, that's why I'm trying to see if Alison will be able to pick us up at the local dock - usually there is a fee involved and i'm ok with that...waiting on her reply. On a similar note, while I really wanted to participate in a Scubaboard Invasion, I felt bad by not diving with Alison after the great time and 'promise' to visit her again - that's why I thought a compromise would be fine with splitting the difference between the two.
If the local provider offered the same thing (two tank afternoon dive for the cost - and with Alison or course), I would jump all over that - as it stands, I do not see that as a possibility.

Those are great points- I also just realized (correct me if I am wrong) but if one is not going on the excursions on Friday, diving is not included for that day?

So that would be a good day to meet with another op- you could take your gear Thursday after last dive and be ready to go with new op on Friday.

Female, mid 40's (when does "mid" switch to "late?"), 500+ dives

I've been to Cozumel a bunch of times, and love it. I've never been on a ScubaBoard Invasion though (although I did do a ScubaBoard dinner meet-up one night in Cozumel YEARS ago ... I may have to try to find a picture or names!)

I would be traveling solo, and would opt to get my own room. Is it safe to assume it's not terribly hard to find others to dive/eat with? You just put me on a boat with a bunch of others? And safe to assume some people wander into town in the evenings? (I'm not opposed to going alone - having traveled to CZM by myself multiple times - but curious what others do.)

And for what it's worth, I appreciate the vax requirement.

Ok folks sorry for not responding earlier but work is a issue I cannot avoid.

We tailored the package so the afternoon is free for ALL CREW MEMBERS to do whatever they choose to do including adding more dives.
Dive Paradise will offer 1 tank boat dives as usual but if there is the need for a 2 tank trip I am sure they would accommodate that also.

Not 100% positive but I think ALL other dive ops have privileges to pick up people at the Hotel Cozumel dock.
Atleast that was the policy last time SB Invaded Hotel Cozumel.

We tailored the package so the afternoon is free for ALL CREW MEMBERS to do whatever they choose to do including adding more dives.
Dive Paradise will offer 1 tank boat dives as usual but if there is the need for a 2 tank trip I am sure they would accommodate that also.

Not 100% positive but I think ALL other dive ops have privileges to pick up people at the Hotel Cozumel dock.
Atleast that was the policy last time SB was at Hotel Cozumel.
Female, mid 40's (when does "mid" switch to "late?"), 500+ dives

I've been to Cozumel a bunch of times, and love it. I've never been on a ScubaBoard Invasion though (although I did do a ScubaBoard dinner meet-up one night in Cozumel YEARS ago ... I may have to try to find a picture or names!)

I would be traveling solo, and would opt to get my own room. Is it safe to assume it's not terribly hard to find others to dive/eat with? You just put me on a boat with a bunch of others? And safe to assume some people wander into town in the evenings? (I'm not opposed to going alone - having traveled to CZM by myself multiple times - but curious what others do.)

And for what it's worth, I appreciate the vax requirement.
We have a Singles divers looking for roommates thread for this event.
I think you may want to post this here.

Atleast that was the policy last time SB was at Hotel Cozumel.

We have a Singles divers looking for roommates thread for this event.
I think you may want to post this here.
Thanks. I've read the thread but since I'm NOT looking for a roommate (prefer single occupancy), I wasn't sure it was the right place to ask those questions. I'll keep an eye on the threads.

I’m seriously considering joining you all in Coz. Single F 50s.
61q8m4.jpg

:scubadiver:

Back
Top Bottom