ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2022 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So for the 'Coz Virgins' among us here, I'll ask the question as we start following airline prices - the bag drag...worth it or more hassle than the savings net you?

I imagine it's largely a personal preference, but I think it would be helpful if one of the more experienced Coz-ittes could give some perspective on the impact flying into Cancun is on the overall trip where flying in across the water does typically look to be cheeper.

TIA! :cheers:

I'll ask the question as we start following airline prices - the bag drag...worth it or more hassle than the savings net you?
The answer is NO For me, but as you say it’s a personal decision. If I’m going to answer for you will need to understand your personal finances situation and willingness to put up with extra hassle to save a buck or increase potential exposure.

I've only got like 40 dives there so not sure I count as experienced.

So for the 'Coz Virgins' among us here, I'll ask the question as we start following airline prices - the bag drag...worth it or more hassle than the savings net you?

I imagine it's largely a personal preference, but I think it would be helpful if one of the more experienced Coz-ittes could give some perspective on the impact flying into Cancun is on the overall trip where flying in across the water does typically look to be cheeper.

TIA! :cheers:

It really depends how much less it costs to fly into CUN for me rather than CZM. From NYC there seems to be a consistent layover in Miami or Charlotte flying into CZM rather than direct to CUN. Right now, ticket prices seem bloated so I'm going to wait and see what happens. But yes, flying into CZM is way easier than CUN but the bag drag isn't horrible if you travel light enough.

Keep in mind we are only there for a week and most of the time will be in wetsuits. For me, two pairs of shorts, 3 t-shirts, and whatever I wore on the airplane are good enough. I also like to forego underwear while on vacation because it keeps a smile on my face.

For us the bag drag consists of dragging our bags out of the Coz airport and down the street far enough to get picked up by a cab. I dont do the colectivo thing at COZ airport the last invasion we walked out grabbed a cab and were drinking in the Pool bar With Dennis and Roxanne before the dive group from our plane even got to the hotel.

I am on vacation and by the time you add in the cost of the bus from Cancun then the ferry and dont forget the return costs it dosnt make sense for me and the wife. My sister did it one year because it was 5 of them and they could fly into Cancun for the cost of airline points.

Don't forget the non diving spouses are partially responsible for the mojito crisis last time we were at hotel Cozumel they were drinking so many mojitos the bars would run out of mint sometimes before the dive boats were back.
Thats when you switch to the Pina Colada with the dark rum floater on top

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom