ScubaBoard Dog Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dherbman:
I've considered taking Max out on our boat, but where does he "go"?

In his wet suit like we all "don't".
Or in the water where we all do.
:wink:

catherine96821:
we had to leave our home in California, ..... His dog, Marley, was going to have to go to quarantine for six months and to top it off the dog was only seven months old. Desperate mothers do desperate things. I went to kinko's and made a service dog card with his picture on it and his Microchip #. Then I found a trainer and sent him to "service school" for a couple weeks. Then I made my son, then 7, go to the airport in a wheelchair "just in case".

you have to quarrentine dogs going to Hawaii? for 6 months?

I can see a requirement maybe of a certificate of health since it's an isoated island, but 6 months is a little ridiculos especially when they ship food there all the time
and it's more likely to contaiminate things.

Notice how Pete hams it up for the camera by sticking out his tongue in the group shot and climbing all over the daycare owner while she tries to pose with another dog. The picture of him sleeping with his head in my brother's lap was taken a few hours after I adopted him.

He is a serial licker so you have to be careful if he gets too close. He has slipped that tongue into many an unsuspecting mouth and whacked me in the eye with about a half a dozen times. He even likes to lick my friend's bird, which is about the same size as his tongue. It freaked the bird out at first, now it just kind of annoys it a little.

mike_s:
you have to quarrentine dogs going to Hawaii? for 6 months?

I can see a requirement maybe of a certificate of health since it's an isoated island, but 6 months is a little ridiculos especially when they ship food there all the time
and it's more likely to contaiminate things.

I don't think that is the case now.

Ok, here are two of my cuties. Meret on the left and Caper on the right.

Both female Belgian Tervuren bred by my wife.

The picture was taken at the top of Mt. Herman just west of Monument CO on New Year's Day this year. The mountain in the background is Pikes Peak.

Here is my gorgeous boy. He's a rescue. 7 years old now. Keeba.

Here are my two. Maximus is the chocolate one, 3 y/o. Sasha will turn 2 y/o in two weeks. Both are rescues.

SmokeAire:
Only 3 rules (for now): 1) Canines only. Cats are not allowed, start your own thread. 2) No humans in pics unless accompnied by a canine. 3) Girl/Boy friend jokes not allowed.

Here's our baby - Sali (Labrador/Golden Retriever mix); can't remember when I took this photo but she's 9 months old now.

This is my dog Bleys. I heard about him when I worked at a humane society in Michigan. He was 5 months old and came from an unethical breeder. He was totally undersocialized and terrified of just about everything. Thanks to a lot of hard work, he is now a Canine Good Citizen!

And here is what he looks like when he gets wet...can you say drowned rat!

Thinking of getting a partner for Max. Max has a huge 2 acre wooded and fenced yard to run in, but he gets lonely when I'm at work. He howls after we leave and it is just pathetic.

So, we are thinking of recuing a mutt from the pound, but wondering if we should get a mature dog or a pup. Any thoughts on that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom