Scubaboard copyright violation!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This weekend is dedicated to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country without any complaints.
This must be new.

Which weekend is dedicated to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, yet may have complained a little here and there?

I would like to add that you really do have a talent for taking some spectacular shots. Do yourself a favour and learn to watermark. It is not tough but helps in keeping your photos secure (I use the term "helps in keeping your photos secure" very loosely). Nothing guarantees anything but it is a simple step that helps and does not in any way hurt.

Many of my friends watermark their images to prevent situations like this. I do not because I prefer viewers see the lower res images as they are without such obscuration. I do post copyright notice on my web pages. I like to trust that people will not use my images without asking permission (a search of the Internet shows this is not always the case).

When I find images on the Internet that are helpful in showing some finer detail than my video camera can record, or some behavior I have not imaged, I ask permission of the owner to use them in my videos. I have rarely been denied, and when I am I respect the owner's decision.

One easy way to verify this is Jim's image is for him to provide the original, probably a much higher resolution image than any copy that might be found on the Internet.

Hey, guys. Let's just drop this thread. I made my point. NetDoc is stressed and tired trying to get ready for the Scuba Show in Long Beach. Give him a break.

Sounds sensible. As the OP I think you are able to ask for the thread to be closed.

Pandora never had it that easy.

First off, I kinda see both sides here. Reminds me of something that occurred within my little diving group recently where someone took something off my scooter without asking and it ended up getting lost. It was a little thing, and not worth getting upset over. But I was upset. Why? Well ... because they took it without asking. Had they asked first, it would've given me some feeling of control over what was mine, and losing it wouldn't have mattered in the least. But what bothered me was that they didn't ask first ... which I took as a sign of disrespect for something that belonged to me.

A basic rule should apply here ... if it isn't yours, ask first before using. Seems like simple common courtesy.

This really is a small issue (to my concern), but if I were in jlyle's shoes, I'd have been a bit peeved about it too.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Reactions: Jax
How would you have felt if someone took something off your scooter without asking and gave it to someone else who then left it lying around until someone else picked it up and subsequently gave it to another person who needed said part without ever knowing it belonged to you in the first place

If I have learned anything from this thread, I know now that the correct answer to that question is: I would ask for an address to send my "pain and suffering" bill to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom