ScubaBoard.Com Announces SB Portal!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre:
Man Corny... think outside the box! :wink:
Shouldn't you be researching wave mechanics and bridge failure modes instead of playing armchair admin? :wink:

cornfed:
Shouldn't you be researching wave mechanics and bridge failure modes instead of playing armchair admin? :wink:

Nahh.. I just pontificate theories and let other people research it.

Hey... wait... your a mindless lemming. Let's try:

"It's the way it is because <mumble mumble mumble> and the rest of the cool divers understand it"

Ok everyone... Corny's back with the program again.

Tech Admin, I don't know how you keep all this rearranging straight? Anyway...

(1) I wonder if the redundancy of having "Home, Message Boards, Articles, Dive Directory" both in the dark blue borders above and to the left was intentional, a why-not, or a work not finished? Don't need both, if there's any reason to streamline.

(2) Also see Search handled one way in the highest dark blue, then differently in the border below that?

(3) And we often remind members to complet their Profiles and seperately - Dive Info, as an aid to discussions, but if we direct someone to the Quick Links - it's "Edit Dive Profile." The different terms might confuse some, especially new members.

All minor suggestions. No real problems.

1 - The sidebar is the navigation for the portal sites, the search bar (above the forums) is for searching the varrious sites (hence the redundant name).

2 - I'm not certain what you mean, the colors change based on the section its in to fit the layout?

3 - Would Edit Dive Info be proper or is it the Edit term that you feel might be confusing?

2 - I'm not certain what you mean, the colors change based on the section its in to fit the layout?
Okay, the top row (on my screen anyway) you have a Search: box for typing a word, then off to the right a Search button.

Then, on the same bar as User CP (which I'm glad to see back), you have the Search pull-down, with a choice of basic or advanced. Redundant, but maybe it'll get members to search more?

3 - Would Edit Dive Info be proper or is it the Edit term that you feel might be confusing?
Yeah, if you changed the option under Quick Links to "Edit Dive Info," that'd match up with the Use CP menu, and our general suggestions. Good way to prevent confusion among a new member trying to learn and cooperate.

thanks!

Don, I will change the link text in a few minutes. As for the search bar, the one in the top bar is always visible on any site while the one on the "nav" bar is limited to certain areas and for registered users only. It is a bit rednudant for some people but both bars serve slightly different purposes, the one up top is public and for all the sites, the other one is not. Now, does that make even less sense? :wink:

Spectre:
Ok everyone... Corny's back with the program again.
You just gotta but it in a context I can understand!

Tech Admin:
Don, I will change the link text in a few minutes.
Okay, I have started advising new members accordingly...

BTW, it'll help in future discussions if you'll complete your Profile and sepearately - your Dive Info. Use the Quick Link menu above.
However, the Quick Link menu still says Edit Dive Profile. A minor difference, but htat's all it takes sometimes to lead to confusions. I know I felt lost when I first joined SB last year.

Believe it or not I have about 10,000 things on the to do list... the link will be changed just give me some time please.

Back
Top Bottom