Scuba...the "rich man's" sport

What's a Scuba diver's approx. HOUSEHOLD income per year??

• Under $25,000 annual pay

Votes: 30 8.6%
  • $25,001 to $75,000

Votes: 120 34.4%
  • $75,001 to $125,000

Votes: 119 34.1%
  • $125,001 to $175,000

Votes: 39 11.2%
  • Over $175,000

Votes: 41 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont:
...and what about the "rich women"? (and where are the single ones?)

That's a GREAT question Lamont!! And I'm married, but my wife is still hoping that I can land a "rich one" for us both :wink:

I think diving is one of the cheapest sports you can be involved in, especialy compared to something like golf. You can start out buying good used gear & for the few dollars it costs to fill you air tank, you are in business. No greens fees!

yeah, just like cheerleading is a sport....(?)

k4man:
yeah, just like cheerleading is a sport....(?)

Oh, did I say that out-loud??:confused:

How awkward...

evad:
Golf is a sport?

Rule of thumb: If you can smoke and drink beer while you're doing it, it's not a sport.

When I think of a Rich mans sport, I think of Polo, Sailing, and yes even golf.
The dive shop near me put the cost of scuba equipment in terms I understand.
"How much did you pay for your Driver , 3 Wood and 5 Wood and Iron's ?" he asks.
Well I can get a new set of diving gear for the same amount I spent on golf clubs.
I can go on a 2 tank dive for the cost of a round of golf, and I will not loose any golf balls during a dive, so there is an extra $10.00 to spend on the air.
Jim Breslin

JBRES1:
Well I can get a new set of diving gear for the same amount I spent on golf clubs.

Maybe that just means you spent too much on your golf clubs!

:)

Mike Veitch:
wow, i can't believe how many have ticked over $75K....
its HOUSEHOLD income... we saw in the other thread a lot of scuba divers on this board are older (well, 30s at least), so they're probably married and well established in a career. Put two established career incomes like that togethor and i can easily see it.

plus cost of living in dif. areas, and probably alot of divers are from california or florida where its high.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom