Scuba Sciences Regulator Repair Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undefined:
OK. I've got to ask.... I've seen dozens of members make reference to it - but just wth is MOF/NMOF?
Originally it referenced a long-running post about wearing your Mask On your Forehead = or Not

But it's become "The Scubaboard Chat Thread" on the Surface Interval forum: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=2736974#post2736974

Currently up to the 27th iteration if I remember my Roman Numerals. They have something like 10000-12000 posts before they get retired - not sure why...

Evidently I am one of the few in the western US and possibly the US who has posted something positive on Scuba Sciences...However, I am still seaching for a schematic for a Sea Pro DS/FS regulator models 100 & 200. Any of you have any information on the regulators? Would appreciate it!

A partial of my post follows.

"In 1993 was was searching for information on an older single hose regulator, the "Sea Pro DS/FS." The company had totally disappeared and I had exhausted my California contacts. A Phoenix diver, Harry Backenstein who was in the middle of writting 'Whos's who of Scuba Diving," suggested I write Scuba Sciences. He stated they were big fans of Sea Pro and were at that time sill using the regulators and Sea Pro's most famous product the "At Pac"

I wrote SCUBA Sciences asking if they had any information on the Sea Pro DS/FS. A few days later I received an envelope containing several pages of the overhaul procedures and a schematic of the regulator but no letter, or no contact name . It was the right company, Sea Pro, but the wrong model, I had requested information on the DS/FS model 100 and they send me information on the model 200 (or vis-a-versa.)

I wrote a thank you letter in which I stated they had sent some valuable information, but not what I needed- Did they have information on the other model-what ever it was?

No answer! Wrote again- no answer! My interest was directed to other areas and the quest for Sea Pro information put aside.

Now 14-perhaps 15 years later I have the opportunity to thank Scuba Sciences for their quick response to my request but concurrently state their follow up and lack of response left a little to be desired. However, I must also recognize that they are in the business of selling goods and services and not a repository of data like a public library---But I still need the information! SDM"
There is more on the other thread...

Cheers from California--where it all began,

SDM

sam miller:
...However, I am still seaching for a schematic for a Sea Pro DS/FS regulator models 100 & 200. Any of you have any information on the regulators? Would appreciate it!
Two suggestions: ask over in the Vintage forum:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=304
There's people over there who work on older regs.

PM Paul at Scuba Sciences (scubapig52)

divebri:
But then krcollins, one of the divecons, piped in.

Makes no difference if I am a divecon at Scuba Sciences or not. Your five posts were obvious trolls trying to get the hype back up on another thread after this one was locked.

divebri:
No harm, I would have posted 50 more times till I got somebody to flame me.

I think this proves my point.

Dive-aholic:
Alright, let's all play nice. Scuba Sciences isn't posting to the thread anymore. Either because they've been given a vacation from the Board or because they have found this to be a losing battle. Let's hope it's the latter. As Thalassamania pointed out karma will prevail.

For the most part they don't seem to be reading it... or are doing it as "guest". (or got a vacation, which I don't think did anything on the board to violate the TOS to warrant that).

As of 3/7/07 8:20am MST (local AZ time)
Scuba Sciences - Last Online At: 02-27-2007 07:31 PM
missy1976 - Last Online At: 03-03-2007 01:45 PM
scubapig52 - Last Online At: 03-05-2007 11:09 AM

I didn't chase down the rest of their 'personalities".

From a Humor point of view. I think it's funny that Missy changed her avatar to a sockpuppet, then another pic of it with the American Flag. Also ScubaPig's profile says "About Me: I own a Mask And a sock puppet ". Kinda funny :)

When a member get sent on vacation, their status changes to NA. The only NA NA I see associated with the Scuba Sciences crew is their response to their unsatisfied customer. Bad Karma.

I still think the OP should call up 3 on your side and have them air the vid on the 6 and 10 news and see if he gets a refund then! just let me know when its gonna air.:popcorn: cause I would pay to see there response to that. :dollar: just let :hanged:themselves

Does anyone even watch the local news anymore???? It's such garbage. "Your children could be in grave danger this very moment, tune-in NEXT Sunday at 10 to find out why, stay tuned for our top story our Arizona Idol has made it to Hollywood" It's shyite!

And not to get on too much of rant, but what is up with them having to tie everything that's happening in the country to a friggin "Arizona/Valley Connection". [Insert any news story here] and it has an Arizona Connection stayed tuned for an interview with [Insert name here] sister's half-brother's cousin, second removed, ex-girlfriend's neice from an illigitament affair who now resides in Tonopah. ***??

I get my global news from John Stewart :D , sports from ESPN, look out my window for the weather and browse the local rag everyday for anything local of interest.

-Garrett

shark.byte.usa:
Does anyone even watch the local news anymore???? It's such garbage. "Your children could be in grave danger this very moment, tune-in NEXT Sunday at 10 to find out why, stay tuned for our top story our Arizona Idol has made it to Hollywood" It's shyite!

And not to get on too much of rant, but what is up with them having to tie everything that's happening in the country to a friggin "Arizona/Valley Connection". [Insert any news story here] and it has an Arizona Connection stayed tuned for an interview with [Insert name here] sister's half-brother's cousin, second removed, ex-girlfriend's neice from an illigitament affair who now resides in Tonopah. ***??

I get my global news from John Stewart :D , sports from ESPN, look out my window for the weather and browse the local rag everyday for anything local of interest.

-Garrett

yah but you know it would be fun to see Scuba Sciences defending themselves the way they did here when they are doing a live broadcast infront of their store :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

scuba 2447:
yah but you know it would be fun to see Scuba Sciences defending themselves the way they did here when they are doing a live broadcast infront of their store :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
Ehh I don't think so, anything that brings scuba into the public spotlight in a negative way isn't good for the sport especially in a area such as Phoenix that maybe doesn't necessarily have a good understanding of the sport. Worst case scenario it could spark ramifications the local diving community couldn't avoid.

Of the "3 on your side" type of segments I have seen usually it's someone who get's totally blown off by a person/company or an alleged act of fraud. I don't think either applies in this situation.

I think it's more a matter of customer service, by most accounts there customer service is fine, it's just appears to me when things out of the ordinary crop up, the shops stringent policies sometimes restrict it from handling the issue quietly, quickly and effectively to the customers satisfaction as demonstrated by the 2 long threads on this board. Others think it's a matter of changing or re-assessing their servicing procedures. Which I'm sure was at least addressed with the tech(s) after this problem came up whether we have been made aware of it or not, at the very least it's more than likely been a hot topic at the shop and the tech(s) has to have heard about it, which just may have him/her give that little extra attention during servicing to see that it doesn't happen again.

As for me it was a good learning thread, I certainly will take care to test my regs more thoroughly when they come back from servicing and pre-dive. Perhaps the shop learned something to and next time something out of the ordinary pops up we won't have to hear about it on SB and we can hope the tech does a little better job of testing before he hands over a reg to a customer.

Otherwise I think this thread is a dead issue and should be let go to fade away to the SB archives.

-Garrett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom