Scuba Sciences Regulator Repair Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba 2447:
Are you a sock Puppet?
UH NO, do you even know what a sock puppet is? What was it? my 1000+ posts or my name at the bottom of almost every post I make. If your trying to infer that I'm a Scuba Sciences sympathizer, employee or whatever. I think we all can have a good laugh at your expense for even thinking that.

-Garrett

scuba 2447:
Are you a sock Puppet?
Garrett?? :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I just spewed all over my keyboard...good thing it was water...easy to clean up.

"Sock puppet" as defined in the TOS:
we specifically forbid the use of sock puppets (multiple user accounts)

No, I was referring to the fact that you seem to be touchy today and yes I know what a sock puppet is and I know you have nothing to do with them but hey I made Steve spit water on his keyboard and no I won't buy you a new one. I just am trying to have fun I only went into SSI once and did not like the attitude of the place and won't go back because of that alone. I am just giving the OP all the options @ his disposal. This fun and full of learning thread has made me a better diver i think at least I now check all my hoses before every dive.

That has GOT to be an all-time classic.

Gotta agree with you on both fronts, though. As much as I would like to make Scuba Sciences squirm in the public spotlight (their only effort at reconciliation was to hope this would die off) of 3 on your side, it won't do us any good as a group. Scuba guys are too small a population to make something like that have impact only on Scuba Sciences.
And, we ought to let this thread quietly go away. I'll never forget it, and I'll bring it up many times to show people what they're all about, but it's about time to move on.

I won't forgive them for the way they played this board, and I'll never forget the way they handled the whole incident.
And, in the fun-spirited way of the California thread, Scuba 2447, we laugh at you and you look like a dork.

Ok, let ithe tread die but lets never forget the learnings from this incident I think "HOPE" that was the OP's orginal intent was to get everyone aware that S*** Happens stay cool and be as prepared as you can. :eyebrow:

Sorry if I stepped on your fun, the 3 on your side suggestion was made, maybe more than once, somewhere back in the 30 pages of this thread.

I just wanted to point out that every action has a reaction and it's not always the one we expect. Negative news stories about scuba, especially one with video showing a guy in a life threating situation, won't have a positive impact on the sport.

How many folks will see that story and walk into their LDS and say, "Hey I saw this guy almost die on T.V. that looked great, where do I sign-up?" or have some pansy *** politician from Peoria decide that it looks too dangerous and starts legislation banning us from diving in the lake. Do I want to go down that road so the OP can get his 50 bucks back, NO. Do I think he should get his money back, YES.

I also can recognize when a horse is dead, and this one has been beaten to a pulp. We should let it go and move on. We've learned some lessons and hopefully the shop has too, that's all we can really hope to have acheived after all this since the op and the shop are at an impasse.

-Garrett

I'm a little surprised that some other Phoenix shop has not stepped up and publically offered to check out Mr. Just's regulator to make sure it is OK and that the loose hose was the only problem. It should make for some good karma for the local scuba community and might neutralize, somewhat, the issue of the refund. Although I don't see why Scuba Sciences should profit from a dangerously botched service. In the not very long run, that $100 has been or will be eaten up by damaged public relations and lost business for SSI many times over.

That never occurred to me. But... what brand is it? There are a few makes that we don't service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom