Scuba Quiz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is easy, they both drown while arguing, starting over said pony:

- Is it sufficiently large to reach the surface?
- Should they be doing a safety stop?
- If they are doing a safety stop don't the need to recalculate the required size of the pony?
- How should they mount the pony?
- Do they have the correct training to be able to successfully execute the exit from the wreck?
- If not, isn't this a violation of agency standards of not going into overhead environments?
you forgot-
- Will they debate whether to do a deep safety stop half way up from 50', and whether this is beneficial or harmful?
- If they are wearing snorkels will they be able to fit out the door?

curious: did your car roll over once submerged like in the mythbusters episode?
No, we entered water quite slowly. The car engine was out of order, so we did leave the car simply proceeding by gravity along the shore of the lake, and continued going in water until the slope was not steep enough. The top of the car was barely 2m underwater..
The plan was to leave the car running deeper, but, as said, the slope was not steep enough, and the wheels were locked in the mud.

at the risk of comparing a television show to your real-life experience, I'll just say that a mythbusters episode completely confirmed your account of being unable to open doors until the car was mostly full of water. adam savage, an experienced diver (among many other things) recounted even that very controlled situation as quite challenging and terrifying.

after seeing that, I and everyone I care about keep one of those devices that will a) cut seatbelts and b) break glass in the car. currently I have one that is also a phone charger/portable battery backup and flashlight all rolled into one.

curious: did your car roll over once submerged like in the mythbusters episode?

Actually, you can open the doors. At least we could. I was I’m a car with my wife, two children and beagle that because submerged under water. I tried and tried to open the doors and could not. I grabbed my gun to shoot out the windows and told my family to cover their ears. My wife stopped me just before I shot out my window. She put her back against my door and pushed her door open with her legs. She had barely cracked the door when water came rushing in, allowing us to open the door fully and escape.

it wasn’t easy, but doable. I’m not sure one person could do it by themselves.

Actually, you can open the doors. At least we could. I was I’m a car with my wife, two children and beagle that because submerged under water. I tried and tried to open the doors and could not. I grabbed my gun to shoot out the windows and told my family to cover their ears. My wife stopped me just before I shot out my window. She put her back against my door and pushed her door open with her legs. She had barely cracked the door when water came rushing in, allowing us to open the door fully and escape.

it wasn’t easy, but doable. I’m not sure one person could do it by themselves.
Your wife's legs could reach from your door over to the door on the opposite sideo_O
That must have been a very narrow car or her legs are super long. I am 6ft tall and my legs would be about 2 ft away from the opposite door.

BTW for others that may be in this position if you have to shoot a gun then shoot it right up against the glass with the gun underwater. If you shoot it off in the air there are most certainly going to be ruptured air drums even if people are trying to cover their ears.

Reactions: Doc
Your wife's legs could reach from your door over to the door on the opposite sideo_O
That must have been a very narrow car or her legs are super long. I am 6ft tall and my legs would be about 2 ft away from the opposite door.

BTW for others that may be in this position if you have to shoot a gun then shoot it right up against the glass with the gun underwater. If you shoot it off in the air there are most certainly going to be ruptured air drums even if people are trying to covet their ears.

My gun had a silencer on it, but he’s right.

Expansion isn't a risk, the air in the car doesn't compress anywhere close to enough to be a problem!. At the bottom you're breathing at close enough to surface pressure to not matter.

Expansion isn't a risk, the air in the car doesn't compress anywhere close to enough to be a problem!. At the bottom you're breathing at close enough to surface pressure to not matter.

At 50' you're breathing at a pressure that is close to 3 atm as compared to the surface which is 1 atm.

My gun had a silencer on it, but he’s right.

okay then.

that is simply a mind boggling tale.

(and it wouldn’t work that way)

From pony bottles, to snorkels, to Spare Air, now we’re on to firearms, then really advanced double -naught-spy-type postulating on “silencers”. Maybe we can now speak of suppressors?

okay then.

that is simply a mind boggling tale.

(and it wouldn’t work that way)

From pony bottles, to snorkels, to Spare Air, now we’re on to firearms, then really advanced double -naught-spy-type postulating on “silencers”. Maybe we can now speak of suppressors?

My car gun. Duh!
Also, there’s zero difference between a “silencer” and a “suppressor”. The ATF uses both terms to describe the same item.

I’m an FFL and SOT. I have 15-20 suppressors right now.

Attachments

• CEFF37A1-3F17-4E31-990C-EA1F56BC3B93.jpeg
    CEFF37A1-3F17-4E31-990C-EA1F56BC3B93.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 73
Since we have gone this far...
Was the driver drinking beer, wine, or hard liquor?
I started with hard liquor in my early days, switched to beer, but lately a good red wine is my favorite.

Reactions: Doc
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom