Scuba Point Closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe-Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just got an email from an Instructor trying to plan a deep dive for AOW....he called Scuba Point and was told they are closed and sold. :(

And so dies a Texas diving landmark......

I guess we knew it would happen, but last I had heard the deal was off the table. Guess that's it then.

I just got an email from an Instructor trying to plan a deep dive for AOW....he called Scuba Point and was told they are closed and sold. :(

And so dies a Texas diving landmark......

I guess we knew it would happen, but last I had heard the deal was off the table. Guess that's it then.

Its not real new news....been closed for sometime according to the previous owners.

Yeah, but that was only the usual closing for the winter....I was hoping they'd open up again after that last deal fell through....but now it's sold so.....

Yep I had enjoyed a 'few' dives there over the past years....nice folks also.....I think the lake flooding did them in.

The story the owners told me last fall was that they were selling the location, but that they'd have a shop "down the road a bit". They'll still have an air station and they'll offer dive charters on the lake. Still, instructors will have lost a great place for those AOW sessions, and a north/central dive icon will have disappeared. Saddening, isn't it?

Is Scuba Point at Possum Kingdom????

Yes....I've been diving there since I was certified in 1983.....and in fact had been going there since the mid 70's....we'd stop in there on weekends with the boat. SP has been a Texas diving icon since 1959. It is a significant loss for us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom