Scuba on a budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naked diver 2

Contributor
Reaction score

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread has been moved from the New Divers forum, where it violates the ToS regarding advocacy of unsafe diving practices. This thread will reside here, perhaps only temporarily, as the sheer number of deviations from what most divers would consider normal practice is educational in its own right. The video title, including "naked scuba diving" will doubtless attract many YouTube views, and the hyperventilation audible as the inventor walks across the lake bottom underscores its advertised "value" as a weight loss tool.
Make no mistake, however, the process advocated here is unsafe, and should under no circumstances be considered a shortcut to less expensive and uncertified diving.

The Moderators

I managed to get into scuba for only £900 UK. Bought all my own stuff (most of it brand new) including a little electric compressor to refill the tank. No further costs ever until I break something! If you want to know what any of the parts are or where I got them, let me know.

this should be interesting

Hi
If you wear a speedo, you won't feel the cold :) :)
Seriously, be careful with your "compressor"...

Hi
I like feeling the cold, you're missing out if you wrap yourself up. My compressor is used in the garage, it's less likely to kill me than the actual scuba stuff.

Hi
I know nothing about compressors, other than they cost an awful lot. A little electric compressor--did that cost enough to be safe?

I know nothing about compressors, other than they cost an awful lot. A little electric compressor--did that cost enough to be safe?
It cost around £200. What could be unsafe? It's got a steel chassis, if it explodes it should contain most of it. Anyway I don't use it in the house, it's in the garage. It comes with an oil/water filter, and the air doesn't taste funny from the tank.

Are you sure the air you put in your tank is breathable? Maybe do a search on this forum...

Are you sure the air you put in your tank is breathable? Maybe do a search on this forum...
Well it's the air from my garage which I've never had a problem breathing. As it's an electric compressor, I have no fumes to worry about. There's a filter that removes any oil from the compressor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom