Scuba Mask Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sipadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been using my Subseac "Chiara" mask for my last 200 dives but unfortunately I stuck my finger inbetween the mask and the silicone skirt and pulled part of it out from the frame.

I think I can pry the frame away and re-seat the silicone skirt - but what sort of glue should I use.

Its not torn.

I liked the mask because it gave me good visibility - it was a one piece glass window. Shame to just throw it away.

You don't need to use any glue. If you can, carefully seperate the main body of the mask from the front frame. There might be some little pins, be careful to not break them. Then when the mask is in 3 bits clean them all, place the silicone skirt into the mask and then snap the front cover back on. It can be fiddly but with patience you should get it. Then check the seal on your face, if it's not sealing chances are that some of the silicone skirt has slipped out. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom