Wanted US Divers Bimini mask @2001: need replacement left lens retainer ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabdref

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
this fine old relic, a US Divers Bimini mask, ca 2001. A little dated (rubber skirt) but very serviceable as a practice mask. In excellent condition, except now I find that the left lens retainer ring has two broken tabs, and is not holding the lens on the outer/upper side. Maybe practice was its downfall since it was used mostly in chlorine pools, though thoroughly rinsed each time. I wonder if the soft plastic in the ring(s) got softened further by the chlorine.

Anyway, if you have a source for these, I'd appreciate hearing about it. I can't find it online, other than in a complete mask, which isn't worth the price asked ($20).

Repair solutions also appreciated; I'd like to avoid putting on a slime ring of silicone to seal the lens in if I can avoid it.

Attachments

• 20230629_193122.jpg
    20230629_193122.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 39
I'd post in the DIY forum and see if someone can print one for you.

This is a super common shaped mask. I bet if you took it to your LDS, they will have some hiding in their service room. I threw out a ton of these.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom