Scuba jobs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vonlick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Im looking for work in diving. So far I have only found cleaning boat bottoms. Does anyone know about that type of job?
Von

You can make some good money doing that, if you develop a clientele. I like sailboat racers, they usually need minimal effort and they want it done quite often. Word will spread and offer to give them something for referrals- better to clean three a day at one harbor than have to drag it all around.

Look at a compressor supplied hookah rig- you'll save a lot of weight and air-fill money.

You can make some good money doing that, if you develop a clientele. I like sailboat racers, they usually need minimal effort and they want it done quite often. Word will spread and offer to give them something for referrals- better to clean three a day at one harbor than have to drag it all around.

Look at a compressor supplied hookah rig- you'll save a lot of weight and air-fill money.

+1 Doing a good job will get you the referrals you need to grow your business. You can set up a hookah rig to run off your scuba tank to start, this is cheap to do and will make it much easier to work. Sail boats will be the bulk of that business and the way those hulls are shaped a large area can be cleaned by snorkeling so you do not need to use too much air per hull. From there you will be asked to replace zincs, pull props and salvage small items dropped overboard.

IMG_0545.jpg

And if you already have permission to dive inside the city dock to clean the boats, you can always dive to the bottom and pick up overboard stuff that you might be able to sell :)
When my brother was going to commercial dive school in Washington, cleaning boats is what some of the students did on the weekend for spending money.

I found the jobs in fl. pays like 12 an hr. It seams like a good way to get started.

All I can say is "FREE LANCE" , buy a couple tanks, get insurance, make money. I wouldnt want to do that job for $12/hr for a company. Just like with going golf ball hunting,
you can cut out the middle man and put the money in your pocket, you just have to find the contracts yourself.

I plan on getting started with someone and go from there. Its the best way I think. Im driving from OH to do this. I will need an income stream for awhile. No work here in OH.

I am looking to do something I diving for work. I was told I was to old to clean boat bottoms in FL. Im 35 and I need to lose to weight. But thats a load of crap I think.

I started my business when I was 35. It is a physical job but you don't need to be a professional athelete to do it. In fact, a little "personal insulation" can be a good thing in this biz. :D I know a kid who has to be 300 pounds if he's an ounce, and gets into his wetsuit every day. I'm not saying he can knock out 6 or 8 boats every day, but he's out there earning a living.

I am 53 and still going strong. I know hull cleaners who have worked well into their mid sixties and beyond.

Back
Top Bottom