Tioman dive centre recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GeorgeBa

New
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi, Im going to go to Tioman for a few weeks and Im looking for a dive centre that caters to experienced divers and will dive some of the more currenty spots with 60mins ish dives (contacted a few and they do 45-50 min dives which is fine occasionally but not as a max dive time). If anyone knows a decent place Id love to hear about it, thanks

Few wks diving in Tioman! Are you sure?
HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Repulse are too far and has been plundered by salvangers quite recently. We boarded a LoB in Mersing and dived those two wrecks yrs ago and finished the trip also at Mersing via Tioman.

Islands hopping from South to North: Tioman, Tenggol, Redang and Perhentian(x2).

Islands hopping from South to North: Tioman, Tenggol, Redang and Perhentian(x2).
Good plan but traveling via land to these places is a bit of a PITA.

Personally I still have to visit Tioman, criminal about these illegal salvagers as both these wrecks have been on my bucket list for years. I almost made it pre-Covid.

Tioman does look like a decent place to chill though for a few non diving days.

Scumbag.

As long as it is not coincided with Ramadan. I had had hard time to find food in the afternoon when I was last there.
Ramadan 2024: end around 09th Apr.

Public bus is plentiful along the coastal road.
Mersing - Dungun - Terengganu - Kota Bharu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom