Scuba Jenny the "Great Lakes Gorilla"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MB:
Oh sure. After two summers diving up there, my parts STILL haven't descended to their normal resting places. AND, that 2 feet thick neoprene does get hard to move around in. Thank heavens you and Bob3 were there to carry me to the side of the boat and toss me in!

...to tell you the truth... I think I'd rather be diving in you or Jenny's waters about right now... after a weekend of diving below the thermocline and seeing lot's of zebra mussels, I could sure use some effortless warm drifts with coral/sponges and pretty fishies!

Think you could teach me to dive a single tank, and without a drysuit, Mike?

later dude!

wb416:
What wrecks did you do?

We did the Richmond, and the SK Martin.

Viz on the Dean was at least 40-50 feet, the Martin was 7-10 feet.

I'm gonna let Jenny post the dive report, since that was her dive. All I can say is it has changed for the better since the last time I was out there.

Yeah, but we saw a shark, and E3 :)D) has the evidence to prove it!
Lil' Irish Temper:
On this dive she utilized her underwater scooter to conserve air, not having to fin at all until her scooter started to putter out.
Eric, you da best! (MB, you are no longer alone. :D)
Dive report coming along once I get back to warmer waters, however Eric has done a stellar job already! I had a blast diving with Eric and Paula. And I learned doing a belly smacker off the boat in a 7mm wetsuit is easy!

Jenny,
Wow! I sure hope you had plenty of antifreeze (rum) in you before diving in 44 degree water. Brrr!!!
So, how much air did you have left after your first dive? I'm convinced that you don't breathe... :)

Al

you know... alcohol has a LOWER freezing point that water (and i believe i am
unaminous on that)

so...

draw your own conclusions

H2Andy:
you know... alcohol has a LOWER freezing point that water (and i believe i am
unaminous on that)

so...

draw your own conclusions
It also cools you off quicker by making your capillaries move towards your skin's surface, as if you are hot, thus whatever warming effect you get is false and you are cooling much quicker when drinking alcohol than when you arent.

Scuba_Dad:
Jenny,
Wow! I sure hope you had plenty of antifreeze (rum) in you before diving in 44 degree water. Brrr!!!

She showed up with Hot Chocolate in July !
ROFL.gif

But of course NO Marshmallows !

Lil' Irish Temper:
She showed up with Hot Chocolate in July !
ROFL.gif

But of course NO Marshmallows !
You never heard of Xmas in July??? :christmas

Its when the Floridians celebrate the lack of snowbirds who come here to get warm with cocoa during our 70-deg days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom