Scuba gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrw707

New
Reaction score
Hi my local dive shop only sells scubapro products and i was wondering if these products were of good quality. Right now im mainly just buying the mask snorkel and fins. If these products are not of good quality could someone recommend better products.
thanks Ryan

Scubapro products are highly regarded along with those of most popular makers. What is important is buying the right gear for you and the type of diving that you will do. Buying locally has advantages but if what you try does not seem right consider driving further. Gear that is disliked is the most expensive kind.

Pete

Hey Ryan

I mainly use SP to dive. The equipment never failed me...

jrw707:
Hi my local dive shop only sells scubapro products and i was wondering if these products were of good quality. Right now im mainly just buying the mask snorkel and fins. If these products are not of good quality could someone recommend better products.
thanks Ryan

Scubapro quality is certainly ok. After you have done this for a while you will end up with equipment from numerous sources. No one manufacturer will produce all the products you choose to use. There is no way to know when you first start out, other than watching divers and asking questions. Take your time buying, maybe regs first, then bc, then computer. Probably buying everything at once from a lds is not a great idea. The only items I have, that I started with, are my fins - Mares. There is also the question of color - do you want to be an underwater parrot or a ninja. I went with the all black look. It's simpler.

Ditto, use SP MK25/S600 Reg. Very satisfied.

Ive got some scubapro regs on my pony and so on. Decent quality, they breathe nicely although i do absolutely hate the hose routing on the Mk20 first stage. A kind of "X" shape meaning one hose is sticking out vertically a long way.

awap:
Most Scubapro products are very good quality but I believe a few of there mistakes are still being sold. However, they are all overpriced at MSRP. For a better sensing of value, look at grey market Scubapro products at http://www.leisurepro.com/Catalog.aspx?Op=dtSearch
Value? Yep giving up free parts for life and no warranty is some divers sense of value I guess.

Good luck if you shop there.

Oh come on guys. Scubapro makes excellent products and are of very high quality overall. They are leaders in many respects of the industry. Line vs. Line it would be hard to find another manufacturer that has more products in the top 3-4 consistently. I think it more comes down to what you are looking for specifically but from a quality perspective they are very high in the industry.

Don't get me wrong, there are many things that I don't like about them but overall they make a solid product line.

ScubaPro is one of the biggest brand in the scuba gear market. They certainly make good products.

Some other brands you can look into are:
Oceanic, Mares, and Aqualung

And welcome onboard.

Back
Top Bottom