Scuba Gadgets - what's great and what's not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Scuba community will always have a handful of people that vigorously defend their gear choices, (like me and my Flip Fins . . .
:hm: Does that make them flippers? :)
Yep! Plus you get to look like a hockey goalie when you are walking around in them!:eyebrow:

EMT Shears Not worth a damn for cutting fishing line.
Ditto.

I like my real dive knife, not some wanna be, used to work in the kitchen toy.:wink:

k6_knife.jpg

Although, this looks like a good tool for those times when a quick tug on a line is all I need.
EEZ-203-5.jpg

Yep! Plus you get to look like a hockey goalie when you are walking around in them!:eyebrow:
You have to black out a couple of teeth to get that effect. :rofl3:

You have to black out a couple of teeth to get that effect. :rofl3:
Why do you think I keep a Sharpe in my save-a-dive kit....:wink:

And of course you never get tired of hearing "hey dude, your fins are broken". :rofl3: (I promise to stop saying that at some point Dave)

And of course you never get tired of hearing "hey dude, your fins are broken". :rofl3: (I promise to stop saying that at some point Dave)

LOL!

Yep, I always get the strange looks and funny remarks - until they see me walk up and out easy peasy.:wink:

DevonDiver:
I think that most users would agree that the major advantage with spring straps is that they enable you to remove the fins quicker and easier than with rubber straps and QR buckles.

They cannot be easier than my rubber straps.

DevonDiver:
On the subject of the finstrap QR buckles

What is a QR buckle?

TSandM:
Springs, properly sized, are instant-on instant-off

So are rubber straps.

Rhone Man:
Sure as heck work better on mesh and chicken wire though

Tin snips work better on wire and fishing line.

Back
Top Bottom