Scuba diver arrest warrant - dale batt *please read*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread is so embarrassing. The law officer came here looking for leads on an fugitive felon, one convicted of some of the most despicable crimes but who managed to avoid hard time - and it now on the lose and seemingly a threat at large. While it might have been appropriate to Report the thread for Mod decisions on the validity of the thread & poster as well as the thread's existence here, that was done and satisfied. Dive shops and charters will probly be in the best position to watch for the guy and report as needed, this circus of jokes is really kind of insulting.

And while I agree with your feelings on the thread, I cannot agree with a pissing contest. Personal insults are not allowed for good reason, not to you nor by you.

I totally agree with you Dandy Don.

Violence against women is not to be taken lightly. Domestic violence is a serious subject and this thread should not be turned into, to use your excellent words, a "pissing contest".

Please, put away your egos for a while and consider that the woman who suffered abuse at the hands of this monster deserves better than that.

Tattoos and scars? At the national antique auto meet in Hershey PA, a "hand stamping" operation at the entrance caught a criminal. The FBI knew the wanted man had an interest in old cars and a unique tattoo on his left hand. He held out is hand for stamping and got handcuffs.

Getting geared up at dive sites and boats, we see a lot of artwork on divers; often not visible when the person is fully clothed. Might be another way to identify this man.

To all the vigilantes who posted: Having been exposed to more family violence than you can imagine, I urge you to please think carefully before doing anything yourself.

Although the guy is scum and deserves more than whatever he gets in our legal system, it is very possible you could mis-identify someone who looks like him and inflect injury on an innocent person. Or you may find the dude is more violent and dangerous than you can handle. Just report him to the OP and/or local law enforcement and let them do their job.

I appreciate all your posts (or most of them anyway). To answer some of your questions - I just found out about his scuba diving a few weeks ago. It was never mentioned before. I figured its a pretty unique hobby so I started looking for forums where I could get his info out. No Scars, Marks, or Tattoos that we are aware of. He is certified for open water, advanced open water, ice, medic first aid and rescue. He spoke of diving wrecks in Michigan, he's dove in MN WI MI that we know of and before his conviction frequented Cozumel at least once a year. We believe he may still be in Minnesota in the Twin Cities area. Batt told his ex he would disappear and we'd never find him. He's a smart guy and has been completely off radar for almost 10 years now....but will eventually screw up and/or run out of resources. We have a new warrants program here that was started around 3 years ago. Now focusing on cold case warrants in addition to the current ones. He is 2nd on our MOST WANTED list. When he's caught, he goes to prison.

This cold case is a priority for me because of the degree of abuse and the fact much of it was done in front of his daughter who was 5-8 at the time!

I appreciate all your posts (or most of them anyway). To answer some of your questions - I just found out about his scuba diving a few weeks ago. It was never mentioned before. I figured its a pretty unique hobby so I started looking for forums where I could get his info out. No Scars, Marks, or Tattoos that we are aware of. He is certified for open water, advanced open water, ice, medic first aid and rescue. He spoke of diving wrecks in Michigan, he's dove in MN WI MI that we know of and before his conviction frequented Cozumel at least once a year. We believe he may still be in Minnesota in the Twin Cities area. Batt told his ex he would disappear and we'd never find him. He's a smart guy and has been completely off radar for almost 10 years now....but will eventually screw up and/or run out of resources. We have a new warrants program here that was started around 3 years ago. Now focusing on cold case warrants in addition to the current ones. He is 2nd on our MOST WANTED list. When he's caught, he goes to prison.

Dep Rose, I LOVE ya, Man! You can have my Bud Light :beer:

This is the PERFECT use of such a forum and of the Internet.

For those of you that got your tail in a knot, get over it. There will always be jokers and always someone that thinks that is inappropriate.

I salute DiveMom1 for posting these around. It is super important to get the word out . . . since people don't frequent USPS as much, the FBI 10-most-wanted is losing ground. This is a cut-to-the-chase way to reach the Gen X, Gen Mill, & the rest of us.

I know it goes without question but to be sure....is he entered into NCIC? I know quite a number of divers on the East Coast who are LEO's so I can throw a feeler or 2 out for ya. I personally can throw a few e-mails out to other Bail Bondsmen around that area and the country(us bondsmen do network quite a bit) and see if they have previous Bail Bond files that may be able to provide a little extra background info for you. If you like you can e-mail me directly so we don't have to clog up the boards. aaron at custombailbonds dot com
Yes...he's on NCIC.

97 PM's already... No it's not me.

Yikes - Maybe you should add that to your sig line!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom