Scuba deaths/incidents per certifying agency

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I strongly suspect that the agency with the most incidents/deaths is PADI... simply because they, by a wide margin, certify the most divers.

Any numbers you might get would have to be weighed against the total number of divers each agency certifies per year.

And, as someone above has mentioned: after how many years being certified would you cease to "blame" the agency and put the incident responsibility solely on the head of the diver involved?

Cheers,

Bill

I have cert cards from 8 or 9 agencies. If I died tomorrow which one killed me? Look at poeples profiles on this board. It is not uncommon.
The data would be impossible to accurately compile in my opinion.

As previously said, many of us have cards from more than one certifying agency. Plus, most divers, including ALL of us on Scubaboard, strive to acquire more information post-classroom.

After all, why are we on Scubaboard if not to continue the learning process? So there is no way to know where the "wrong" info came from.

Additionally, I would speculate that most "accidents" don't come from LACK of information or knowledge but rather from NOT doing what we know to be right/safe/whatever.

Wow, if you listen really hard you can hear Coombaya playing :D

LET THE FLAMES BEGIN :popcorn:

Ok good enough. I guess I asked the wrong question. I suppose what I want to know is, of PADI, SSI, or NAUI, which agency would give me to most "advanced" training in order to receive their respective AOW certifications.

And thanks for not sticking it to a rooking for asking a rookie question? Or would that be sticking it to a guppie for asking a guppie question :)

bubba105:
Wow, if you listen really hard you can hear Coombaya playing :D

LET THE FLAMES BEGIN :popcorn:

For real...glad there's no sharp instruments in the room for them to throw or Iron Maiden's lying around...

Doubt there's any significant difference over which agencies AOW provides the most "advanced" training. The answer you'll mostly likely get, and IMHO the correct answer, is a combination of "interview a few instructors and pick the INSTRUCTOR you are most comfortable with" and "just go diving".

WFIF my LDS and training school, a NAUI shop, last night told me to skip advanced and go straight to master because "I've got enough dives, I know what I'm doing, and all the diving is the same only more". so that's what I'm doing.

Now that question can open a can of worms too!!! Choose whichever agency you feel most comfortable with as they all offer varying degrees of the same and very different degree of training. Do some checking and homework, because everyone on here has their own opinion of which agency you should or should not use. Hopefullly the bashing won't begin for you or any agency...

Back
Top Bottom