Scuba deaths/incidents per certifying agency

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The exact info originally asked for used to be available in the 70's and early 80's. University of Rhode Island had the stats. It was broken down to accidents per 100 cerified divers by agency. That negated the "well brand P certifies more so they'll have more accidents" theory. I'm quite sure the insurance agency's have the stats today as well probably DEMA. Not that in today's society will we ever be able to get the info. I think DAN started keeping this info after URI quit.

Rick Murchison:
Dear Walter,
Inasmuch as the four specialties and 24 logged dives are documented right on the AOW card, the AOW card means "This diver has completed the four specialties listed here, and 24 logged dives."
If you want to define that as "meaningless" have at it.
Rick

What does the SSI Advanced card do other than repeat info from other cards and the log?

rigdiver:
The exact info originally asked for used to be available in the 70's and early 80's. University of Rhode Island had the stats. It was broken down to accidents per 100 cerified divers by agency. That negated the "well brand P certifies more so they'll have more accidents" theory. I'm quite sure the insurance agency's have the stats today as well probably DEMA. Not that in today's society will we ever be able to get the info. I think DAN started keeping this info after URI quit.

thanks

Edit: Removed for the protection of the innocent.

Fixed. Your turn. :wink:

SparticleBrane:
Fixed. Your turn. :wink:

People are sensitive, you know what I mean?

I'm a NAUI Course Director and a PADI MSDT, I think if you read the manual the PADI AOW is a joke, no class time and no specialities, only 5 dives....beyond basic....
An Advanced Diver can navigate, control buoyancy, plan and execute dives......NAUI requires a MINIMUM of 6 Dives and about 8 hours classroom.........I require 10 dives.....NAUI Instructors have the flexibility to meet the student need, that includes more dives to gain experience......remember, AOW means a little mor training, it does not mean the diver is truely advanced.....experience comes with diving many different enviornments, not a weekend or 2 in a quarrey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom